Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, I like arabian coffee, usually very thick, and very STRONG. Pitch black and good, drank in tiny little cups(shot glass size). Drink alot of it given my background.

Used to like my normal coffee light and sweet, but now its just light with either milk or creamer(tiny bit). Sugar is a no no.

Do have to say though, i love me that gas station coffee(always tastes weird lol).

Originally Posted By: Anies
Depends, I like arabian coffee, usually very thick, and very STRONG. Pitch black and good, drank in tiny little cups(shot glass size). Drink alot of it given my background.

With cardamom?

I sometimes miss the coffee with cardamon. When I lived in Cyprus, I would ask my Lebanese friends to bring a few bags when they visited home.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Starbucks isn't bad coffee.

Its the worst coffee I ever had ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank heavens all the rest stops on the Florida Turnpike just shut down Starbucks..The are all going to Dunkin Donuts..They really do have the best coffee IMHO.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Starbucks isn't bad coffee.

Its the worst coffee I ever had ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank heavens all the rest stops on the Florida Turnpike just shut down Starbucks..The are all going to Dunkin Donuts..They really do have the best coffee IMHO.

DD, perfect match with a Crown Vic

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
I sometimes miss the coffee with cardamon. When I lived in Cyprus, I would ask my Lebanese friends to bring a few bags when they visited home.

I think it's an East end of the Mediterranean Lake thing. Some Jordanian friends use a lot of cardamom in their "Turkish" coffee.

Cardamom usage in Turkey is not as common but some places use it.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Crown Vic

Crown Vic Man looks like he may need a cup of joe.

side2319.jpg

falsecolor.jpg

I can't stand DD coffee, I would rather do without, I will take a cup of TH over DD any day, but if I had a third choice it would be a Latee from SB. Their regular house-brand coffee is gross and way too strong!
37.gif

I'm a big fan of White-Castle's coffee. When I'm in Kentucky visiting my friends, they don't drink coffee and I naturally need my fix so I go to White Castle (Closeby) and pickup a large cup and it's a very nice coffee!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
You guys seriously need a Tim-Hortons...
08.gif

I drink a lot of tim hortons coffee here in the Buffalo suburbs.

It seems to have gotten even weaker than ever in the past year, no matter what location, and it wasn't a strong coffee to start with.

Its alright, but right now I'm starting to prefer dunkin donuts coffee over tim hortons.

They had some bean roasting problems due to growing so quickly, and are opening up a new roasting plant to meet the demand. I think this is why the quality has slipped in the last couple of years... (A co-worker of mine has a sister that's a DM at TH)

Like I said... It's ok for a quick-fix, but I prefer SB Latees.
20.gif

It's all about quality roasting. We get our coffee from a local chain (Dunn Brothers), where each store roasts their own beans. My GF is in love with Ethiopian beans, so that's what we usually have (when available).

Personally, the Ethiopian is drinkable, but a little bit earthy for my taste. I prefer the Central and South American beans, which are a bit more fruity and light on the palate. (Pure) Hawaiian Kona is always a treat as well.

There's a coffee shop down the street, they have a $20,000 dollar coffee machine called a "Clover". One of only a few in the state. The "Clover" coffee machine is geek speak for the Ferrari of coffee machines. They treat coffee like wine with tasting notes and make each cup of coffee individually. Now THAT is a good cup of coffee!

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
It's all about quality roasting. We get our coffee from a local chain (Dunn Brothers), where each store roasts their own beans. My GF is in love with Ethiopian beans, so that's what we usually have (when available).

Personally, the Ethiopian is drinkable, but a little bit earthy for my taste. I prefer the Central and South American beans, which are a bit more fruity and light on the palate. (Pure) Hawaiian Kona is always a treat as well.

There's a coffee shop down the street, they have a $20,000 dollar coffee machine called a "Clover". One of only a few in the state. The "Clover" coffee machine is geek speak for the Ferrari of coffee machines. They treat coffee like wine with tasting notes and make each cup of coffee individually. Now THAT is a good cup of coffee!

DUDE!

Let me know which place this is and I'll drive over & check it out.....

Thanks!

I like my coffee like I like my women... Cold and bitter.

Just kidding. On Long Island, we have 7-11s every 1000 feet or so. Pretty good coffee.
I also like Agela Roja from Colombia.

I was the guy who mentioned brazilian coffee in the other coffee thread. My wife's aunt makes it. That stuff rocks.

With and without. Its good, also love the bitter over the sweet arabian coffee. The smell and taste of the sweet is a little overbearing at times but nothign like the quick shot of bitter. I needed to work late one night and poured a cup of arabian coffee. I was strung out for a good 6 hours.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: XS650
Crown Vic

Crown Vic Man looks like he may need a cup of joe.

side2319.jpg

falsecolor.jpg

Do you still see him parked at the same spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back