Oil filter source in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partsource Carries K&N and will order in a specific filter if they don't carry it on the shelf. I have done this in the past.
wink.gif

M1's I haven't been able to find anywhere up here... They can be bought cross the border if you are ever over there like me!
grin2.gif

Mann I have bought off the web when I tried it on my Cabriolet and I found the Mahle's which I stuck with to have better flow.

You could also ask Terry on DMW I'm sure he would know and direct us as he has lots of Canadian customers... See you over there!
wink.gif

cheers3.gif

I went to the Pontiac Dealership yesterday to pick up an AC Delco PF48. Guess how much?

$13 plus taxes!
crazy2.gif

I left and went to the Chevrolet dealership; same list price but he gave it to me for $10 plus taxes.

Btw, *both* of these dealerships are closing down due to the GM restructuring.

Use an EAO and change is every 20K KM. (If not under warranty) They stand up easy to this mileage and are a superior filter IMO.
thumbsup2.gif

There is *no* Amsoil filter for the GM 3.6 L V6. For a while Amsoil was touting the EaO47 but later did come out with an advisory to *not* use it anymore for this application.

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
I went to the Pontiac Dealership yesterday to pick up an AC Delco PF48. Guess how much?

$13 plus taxes!
crazy2.gif

That is crazy! It wasn't that long ago (about 4 or 5 years) that Walmart sold the AC Delco oil filters, and they were only $3 to $5!!

There is *no* Amsoil filter for the GM 3.6 L V6. For a while Amsoil was touting the EaO47 but later did come out with an advisory to *not* use it anymore for this application.

I think they revised that filter or something... Check with Pablo or Gary_Allan. I recall reading something somewhere...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Use an EAO and change is every 20K KM. (If not under warranty) They stand up easy to this mileage and are a superior filter IMO.
thumbsup2.gif

Isn't that interval valid only when using Amsoil syn oil? I use PZ yb

For Amsoil to warranty it, yes... But the filter will stand up using it with any oil. I have used it with PP for 20K KM on the filter and it was fine when I cut it open.
thumbsup2.gif

M1's I haven't been able to find anywhere up here... They can be bought cross the border if you are ever over there like me!

I have a relative that goes to Tampa often enough on business. If I can tell him stores he will pick me up a few. Any idea which chains in the States stock M1 filters?

I have a relative that goes to Tampa often enough on business. If I can tell him stores he will pick me up a few. Any idea which chains in the States stock M1 filters?

AutoZone, Pep Boys, CSK & Advance Auto (I'm 99% sure, not positive), Wal-Mart used to but I haven't seen any there in a while.

I'm going down to Windsor next week to see a friend, and I'm going to pop over to Michigan and pickup some Royal Purple filters from Pep-Boys. Aparently these are one darn good filter and might be better than M1 and EAO's... So I'm eager to try them!
20.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

AutoZone, Pep Boys, CSK & Advance Auto (I'm 99% sure, not positive), Wal-Mart used to but I haven't seen any there in a while.

Thanks for the specifics. I have emailed my 'courier'
wink.gif
the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back