BRIDGESTONE : Potenza RE 92s' : Do you find ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My '05 Legacy GT had 92's. Very good on dry pavement, not much on wet, and on snow, it's a good thing the car is all wheel drive. I had them replaced at about 33k. They would have gone to 40k easily, but I drive on twisted roads, usually at a pretty good clip, and I don't like to slide in the wet.

Went to the 960 and I am very pleased I sprung for the premium tire. Great all round, so far, rain and snow and ice included.

Originally Posted By: Dominic
99.5% bad.

I'll cast my vote about here too. I had a set on my 02 Camry that was totalled in a wreck back in 03. They handled poorly and were approximately as durable as a hot pencil eraser. The very small silver lining in losing this otherwise fine car was that it got wrecked before I could follow through with buying a set of real tires (which I was about to do).

Yech. Shame on you Bridgestone. But hey, shooting yourself in the foot (tire?) is your choice. I'm still leery of Bridgestone six years later, because the memory of how bad these tires were has not faded.
smirk2.gif

Perhaps this photo will help. I shot many pics of the damaged Camry (none, alas, with an eye toward tire wear...). Notice the tread wear. Tire (and car) had somewhere around 10k miles -- that's all.

Worn-Tire.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back