PEAK Global lifetime & PEAK Extended life revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to walmart and walgreens to get the coolants. I think they are the same. Walmart likes to repackage stuff with their own twist to it. The font stickers are nearly identical, they both have black caps, the back stickers are Very close. The Global has a more detailed back sticker, though they both have the exact same red/blue/black chart. They both say they need a complete flush to get the full effect of the coolant, they are both for all makes and models, and they both have the same first 5 digits on the UPC. However the Extended Life talks about the 5 year 150000 mile warranty, the Global does not.

Walmart had the Extended Life Coolant at $9.50

Walgreens had the Global Lifetime Coolant at $14.99

DSCN1144.jpg

DSCN1145.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

DSCN1147.jpg

DSCN1148.jpg

DSCN1149.jpg

Oh for cripes sake. They're not the same! Peak Extended Life is a Dexclone with 2EHA organic acid.

Peak Global Lifetimes is not 2EHA. Read their website!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Oh for cripes sake. They're not the same! Peak Extended Life is a Dexclone with 2EHA organic acid.

Where does it say Extended life has 2EHA?

This isn't "Long Life"

Extended life is not on their website and only at Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're thinking of Long Life. Extended Life hasn't really hit the website yet.

I did a search for Extended Life and did find info on Peak Global Extended Life (as opposed to Global Lifetime) although no direct link to the product from Peak's website. I couldn't find just Extended Life anywhere so I wonder if it isn't a Walmart only thing.

That's funny, I couldn't find "Global Extended Life" anywhere..

Maybe "Global Extended life" is replacing "Global Lifetime." and "Extended Life" is replacing "Long Life."

Jeez... talk about a convoluted product line up.

Peak:
Global Lifetime
Global Extended Life
Extended Life
Long Life
Antifreeze
Seirra

plus several generic universal coolants
plus several diesel coolants

Yet still no Asain specific coolant.
Or G-05 equivalent.

Originally Posted By: peterdes

Maybe "Global Extended life" is replacing "Global Lifetime." and "Extended Life" is replacing "Long Life."

http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_global.html

Looks like the stuff Walmart has as just Extended Life but who knows.

Last edited:

The 9.50 stuff at Wally has 2eh,(oh nooo) big deal. There is a $5.00 rebate that makes it 4.50 plus postage. My Altima says change every 2yrs-30k miles. IMO, this stuff will work fine, with a system flush, especially since I used Prestone AM/M EL last time, with no issues.

I finally saw some 50/50 Peak Global Lifetime at Kmart. Didn't price it because it is half distilled water. IMO, rip off.

But, trying to find Peak Global Lifetime concentrate is like playing Where's Waldo? Supposedly you can find it at NAPA. You can find the other (dex-clone) about anywhere.

Originally Posted By: Canawler

You're totally right!

Never even heard of Peak Extended Life.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Canawler

http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_global.html

Looks like the stuff Walmart has as just Extended Life but who knows.

That's new.. thanks. Didn't know they had that on their site.

I found this. Scroll down and their is a MSDS on Extended Life.

Click: Peak Extended Life

I went to AAP, Pep Boys, walgreens, CVS, and walmart. I only saw Extended life at walmart and I only saw Global at walgreens.

You know, perhaps I stand corrected here. It is the Long Life that has the rebate, sold at AZ. The Extended Life jug looks almost identical to the Long Life, confusing. Soooo, the rebate would not apply to the stuff from Wally.

It seems that many here say the Extended Life sold at Wally does NOT have 2eh. Hmmmmm
21.gif

Not that it would matter to me, but that is curious. I need to look closely at the label the next time I go. At $9.50 the price is right, relatively speaking.

Originally Posted By: ewetho
If you read the MSDS you find all the same ingredients in the the same proportions.
SAME SAME!!!

In several instances at BITOG, on different products, I think we have come to the consensus that MSDS's are not reliable in comparing exact product chemistry. In this case, we really don't have a description of the "proprietary" ingredients.

There is really something weird going on with Peak. The link you guys posted ( http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_global.html ) takes you to a site not available through their home page.

At that link, if you go to "select other products" you also come up with Peak Extended Life EX-CFL, which appears to be a GO5 replacement.

Peak Global Lifetime
Peak Extended Life
Peak Global Extended Life
Peak Extended Life EX-CFL
Peak Long Life
Peak Professional Lifetime

peterdes, since you started this, please contact Peak and ask them to straighten all this out, then please report back to us.
Are they just giving different labels to different vendors for the same products?
Thank you.

Will do. I will send them an email tonight. Should have the response some time tomorrow.

Quote:
peterdes, since you started this, please contact Peak and ask them to straighten all this out, then please report back to us.
Are they just giving different labels to different vendors for the same products?
Thank you.
LOL.gif
Yeah man, it's all your fault, you started this. Just kidding.

I do wonder if Long Life and Extended Life are the same, just different labeling per vendor?

^ Was that the 50/50 or the full strength? If it's 50/50 that makes it $21.60 a gallon, minus H2O. If full strength, then it's a good deal on PGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back