Sumitomo HTR+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace my wife's 2005 Legacy GT(turbo) wagon tires(215/45/17) with inexpensive ones. According to internet reviews and consumer reports Sumitomo HTR+ work well in light snow which translates to really well on a AWD Subaru. At $83/tire not shipped from TireRack they look real appealing.

Any one ever experience this tire?

I have Sumis HTRs on the Cobalt now...much, much better than the stock Contis. A bit sporty, and the take bumps very well....

I put Sumi's on my 99 Trans Am and my 08 F150, yes their cheaper than most but I have had good success with these, keep in mind these tires are made in JAPAN (not china, Korea or timbuc too) so their quality should speak for themselves, if I had any issues it would be on my trans am they are super easy to melt down, IE: burnout
20.gif

YMMV
(Sorry no snow to drive in down here)

Last edited:
I have Sumi's on my car right now. They're good tires for the price. I haven't had any major problems with them. For a lady's daily driver that doesn't see a lot of really hard driving they'll work well IMO.

My mother has these on a VW Passat, and they have gotten very noisy. I would pass.

Keep in mind that while "well" may translate to "really well" for acceleration with the AWD, there is no translation when it comes to things like braking, cornering and emergency maneuvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back