Bosch Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Bosch oil filters any good? They say they have filtech media which is partial synthetic media. But, what is the general consensus on them?

They seem to be pretty good...I guess it depends on how long you use the filter though.

I would have no proble, using one.

From my gathering, they seem to be very similar to, if not the same as the Purolator PureONE. The Filtech media has piqued my interest because I used and will use in the future, Honda filters that are made by Filtech. I wonder if they have the same media? The Filtech Honda filters are excellent, IMO. In either regard, it's an excellent filter from what I understand.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
I thought Bosch filters were made by Champion Labs? Or is just the Bosch Premium?

From what I understand, Bosch and Champion parted ways not to long ago, and Purolator and Bosch went into a joint venture.

I keep hearing rumors too.
Bosch used to be Champion.
I hear that Bosch bought Pruolator.....
So does this mean that Bosch bought Clarcor?
Or maybe Clarcor bought Bosch?
Or did Clarcor sell the Purolator line to Bosch?
Im really curious no know the straight answer on this.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I thought Bosch filters were made by Champion Labs? Or is just the Bosch Premium?

Yeah,that`s what I thought too??

I vote go for it. They are a nice Purolator. I tested one...not scientifically, on the old VW with 20W-50 oil. The oil appears very clean where there were silver swirlys in it before. The OP taken from downstream of the filter did not change on the gauge. Flow seems very good.

Originally Posted By: mimelio
Nice Filter with Silicone ADV. I got one on sale at Autozone 5 qts Mobil 1 and a Bosch filter $29.99. Basically built like the old Purolator Premium(glass enhanced media) with a Silicone ADV instead of Nitrile (synthetic rubber). I would dare say it is equal to a Wix or Napa Gold.

http://home.mindspring.com/~cewhite3nc/id12.html

nice. thank you for posting that.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
"Autozone 5 qts Mobil 1 and a Bosch filter $29.99."

Is that sale still going on??

Well, just get a 5 qt. jug at wally world for 22 and a bosch filter for 6 at autozone. That is 28. Cheaper than the sale.

I use both Purolator PureOnes and Bosch Premiums. My Next UOA's will have Bosch Premiums for a 6,000 miles/1 year OCI.

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Originally Posted By: lexus114
"Autozone 5 qts Mobil 1 and a Bosch filter $29.99."

Is that sale still going on??

Well, just get a 5 qt. jug at wally world for 22 and a bosch filter for 6 at autozone. That is 28. Cheaper than the sale.

true. but Mobil 1 0W40 doesnt come in a jug. xlnt deal for 0w40.

In 2006 Bosch and Mann+Hummel bought Purolator's automotive filter business from ArvinMentor.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/23/211511.html

Previously, Bosch sourced at least some of their North American production from Champion Labs. The Champ Labs sourcing was of course phased out after the bought Purolator.

Clarcor has the Purolator name for its line of non-automotive filters. Meanwhile, Clarcor also owns Baldwin and Hastings which names it continues to use for automotive/truck filters. Confusing, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back