Rislone shock treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Rislone in the past with no ill effects but I never could say for sure that it did a whole lot.

I happened to check their site and the tech sheet and it had a shock treatment. It said for severely dirty engines use 2 Qts instead of one and change the oil in 100 miles. Interesting.

http://www.barsproducts.com/tech/100QR_tech.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman
I can't see just 100 miles doing any cleaning tho..

It might do something at that dose?

21.gif
must be strong [censored] then.

They are just upping the dose for it to work faster.

I can clean an engine with solvent in a couple miles. So, I can see 100 miles as a safe limit for a double dose.

Rislone is another underrated product here. Too bad that they don't offer their other products anymore, like the synthetic and winter formulas.

For years and years I used their "add anytime" formula (no longer made...might be some still around) about 700 miles before an oil change. The engines were very clean. I mostly used name brand synthetics with some blends thrown in, but I felt the Rislone did it's job, was inexpensive and easy to use.

I have since switched to AutoRX. At 50,000 mile intervals, I just run it out 5,000 miles on clean and rinse cycles. No problems and engines are still clean. Cost is minimal. No wasted oil changing it out at 3,000 and 2,500 miles.

Again my engines have had mostly name brand synthetics and some name brand blends at 5,000-6,000 OCI's so they are not dirty and I am not telling everyone to run a sludge bucket 5,000 miles on clean and rinse phase, but for me and my vehicles, it has been A-OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back