Duragloss 501 + AquaWax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the subject 2 products provide pretty good protection and appearance for daily drivers - never garaged? This would be applied by hand and cars are usually washed weekly weather permitting. Would anything else be easier, last longer at the Duragloss price point?

A better combo would be DG 601 bonding agent then 105 on top of the 601 then remove together,then top with a good quality wax i suggest Collinite 476 or 845...do that and you'll have a awesome shine and protection for months to come. Killer results.

DG 501 + Aquawax would be a great combo. I have found that the 501 and 105 have similar durability and shine. If you are going to wash weekly, I would apply Aquawax after each wash to keep up protection. Also, if you have never used a clay bar on your car, I would recommend doing so before you apply any product. It probably has lots of contaminants if your car stays outside all the time. I highly recommend Duragloss products. Oh, I have and used all the products mentioned except the Collinite 476.

If you already have 501 then use it. If not 105 will offer a bit more durability. Aquawax is a sealant in spite of the name. Used too often it will dull any flake in the paint....twice a month is max. A quick detailer would be more suitable to weekly (or more often) use.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
If you already have 501 then use it. If not 105 will offer a bit more durability. Aquawax is a sealant in spite of the name. Used too often it will dull any flake in the paint....twice a month is max. A quick detailer would be more suitable to weekly (or more often) use.

Keeping busy over there RT slinging wax???

Thanks. From pictures I have seen this looked like what I was looking for. I'm torn between 105 and 501, but looking for the simple process. The cleaning ability of 501 seemed to be a better choice for a daily driver, but maybe not. The older I get the more I don't like rubbing on the car, but still want a nice looking ride, so the fewer steps the better. Mothers Reflections isn't working for me in durability.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman
A better combo would be DG 601 bonding agent then 105 on top of the 601 then remove together,then top with a good quality wax i suggest Collinite 476 or 845...do that and you'll have a awesome shine and protection for months to come. Killer results.

i agree. collinite 476 or 845 will have great durability on daily drivers.

I have both aquawax and megs ultimate quick wax. Both are great

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
Originally Posted By: daman

i agree. collinite 476 or 845 will have great durability on daily drivers.

I have both aquawax and megs ultimate quick wax. Both are great

how do you like that stuff?? hold up/shine good??

Seems to hold up pretty well. Others on meguiras online forum have been getting incredible durability, talking weeks of a single application. Incredible sheeting action. Check out the ultimate quick wax videos on youtube.

Incredibly slick after you put it on. Shine is very good. Everyone is going to have different opinions obviously, but I do like it. I really havent used the AW since I got a bottle of the UQW.

I would say try it out at least and form your own opinion. Dont think you will be dissapointed.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
Seems to hold up pretty well. Others on meguiras online forum have been getting incredible durability, talking weeks of a single application. Incredible sheeting action. Check out the ultimate quick wax videos on youtube.

Incredibly slick after you put it on. Shine is very good. Everyone is going to have different opinions obviously, but I do like it. I really havent used the AW since I got a bottle of the UQW.

I would say try it out at least and form your own opinion. Dont think you will be dissapointed.

Thanks...

I have used Duragloss products for a few years now..even tested a few for them ....and the 501 is a very durable product..as long as 105....only thing is 501 is not layerable due to the high content of cleaners....but again 1 coat is all you need....it is made for boats and water is a abrasive in a way while under way..so the sealant properties are made to endure this....

501 is a very slick product to decrease any scum lines or make it easy to remove....also it is very paint safe...so no worries there....

501 is made to clean very deep into the pores..and yes there is micro pores in paint...it emulsifies the grime and removes it....

if you have a white car..you will never see it whiter after a 501 treatment..it really males it bright

now 501 has a bright look to it very glossy..105 has a warmer look since it does has a polymer and a resin..the resin is to sorta mimic a waxed look ...

I use 501 over the winter here and I go from Nov to May no problem and still have great beading in May

Aqua wax is a spray Sealant...and you should use it Monthly after a wash after drying the car for best results..a little goes a long ways so do not saturate the car..just a spray or 2 a panel....

..again a very durable product...doing weekly will cause a build up and start muting the flake...use on glass for rain repellant..on plastic trim...it is safe for all body parts....NO residue at all..

DG will last as long if not longer than the Collinites..my other favorite.....

The Chemist at DG told me if you top any DG with a high solvent wax like 845IW it will infact compromise the sealant since it has a high solvent content...

Al

No it is not. Look at the MSDS here in part:
Solvent: (Only)
Petroleum Hydrocarbon 200 ppm*
(DX 3641 Naptha)

Originally Posted By: SanDan
so you think it is safe to use insulator wax without using a pre-cleaner?

Safe? Yes but to insure maximum durability you need to be sure the paint is clean as possible.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
Originally Posted By: SanDan
so you think it is safe to use insulator wax without using a pre-cleaner?

Safe? Yes but to insure maximum durability you need to be sure the paint is clean as possible.

The reason why I bring it up is because Collinite indicates their wax gets maximum durability on clear coats without the use of soap or cleaners.

Collinite is technically a sealant that also contains carnauba wax. To reach max durability as MKZman said it must be applied to a squeaky clean paint surface that has nothing on it. If there is another product on the paint any sealant will adhere to it and not the painted/clearcoated surface. Prep is the key to durability. If durability is not a factor then it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back