Napa High Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not familiar with various brands of HM oil. It might be hard to get the heavy duty additive package of the Ultralife, but Maxlife lists 300 ppm moly which is a hefty dose of moly. Valvoline has told me the NAPA oils meet spec, whereas Valvoline oils exceed. A new oil analysis of the NAPA high mileage would be interesting, but last week I saw 5 quart jugs of Maxlife at Walmart for $8.97--good to stock up on about 6 jugs or so at that price. That is about $1.79 a quart, which I think Pep Boys was just running but that included getting a rebate and a 12 qt limit.

Hey, call 1-800-Team-Val and ask how much moly is in the NAPA HM oil. If they say 300 ppm(or 0.03 percent by weight), you are good, but also check calcium. Maxlife is around 2400 ppm (0.24 %wt).

With my problems finding Citgo Ultra Life in my neck of the woods since Meijer pulled it from its shelves, I am looking for a new high mileage oil. Any thoughts on the Napa HM,I assume it is close to Maxlife, it says bottled by Ashland right on it. I looked at some of the other HM oils out there on our UOA & VOA boards and still really like the Citgo UL, especially at the price I was getting it for. What about Meijer Brand HM which is bottled by Citgo? Any favorite HM oils out there for $2 and under?

I guess if I can find Maxlife on sale for those prices there is no point in looking at the NAPA. I still may try the Meijer HM as they sometimes have it on sale for even less/quart. From the analysis I compiled here I would really like to find a decent priced source of Citgo UL, Havoline HM, or Castrol GTX HM, though I am by no means oppossed to Maxlife at a nice price. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back