where to get zerex products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hello,

Ive checked pep boys, advance, and autozone. Peak and prestone more or less share the same amount of shelf space, but you dont get any good peak coolants, like the global lifetime.

I can't find zerex anywhere. I dont recall even seeing it at NAPA last time I was there.

Where does someone get Zerex coolant anymore? I have had the perception that it is higher quality than other makes.

Thanks,

JMH

The last time I bought Zerex G-05 was at Pep Boys 4 years ago. I didn't go there for more than a year so I don't know. I was at Autozone few months ago and saw Zerex G-05 there.

PS If you must have G-05, you can buy it at MB dealers for more than twice the price of Zerex.

Last edited:
I know about that - it is where I get G-05 for my MB. BMW sells G-48 which is also a good coolant. Actually, I want the Zerex dex cool, but can't find it obviously.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
You might not like to go to Walmart but they have a bunch of Global Lifetime sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

All the Walmarts around here replaced the Global Lifetime with Peak Extended Life (not Long Life) a couple of months ago. I assume the Extended Life is replacing the Global in Peak's lineup but I just checked Peak's website and they still list the Global but the Extended Life can only be found in a press release from last year and in the MSDS section.

All the local Napa stores carry Zerex G-05 and at a much lower cost than Pep Boys when they used to carry it.

JMH

Are there any Strauss Autos in your part of NJ? The last time I was at one of their stores they carried Zerex. Strauss has a lot of stores in NYC and Philadelphia but I'm not sure about NJ.

all of the strauss stores by where I work (south Phila.) have gone out of business recently... THat was an OK source - pricey and they only sold 50/50, but at least they had it...

Time to try NAPA and a local mom and pop shop I found today. Id rather give a small shop my business anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back