Toyota Kluger V6 3MZ-FE Oil Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved to Australia in April and have had the Kluger from new since then. Oil and filter have been changed by the dealer at 1000kms and 5000kms and it is shortly due its 10000kms service. Temperature range where I live in Victoria is -5 to +40 Celsius and I am keen to use synthetic. Book recommends 20-50, 15-40, 10-30 and 5-30 but I have only seen 5-50 Mobil 1 and 10-40or50 Valvoline. I would like to use Mobil 1 from now and change with filter at 5000kms as I intend to keep the car for a long time. Can anyone advise? I understand that this engine is not a sludger.
By the way the Kluger is a dream, by far the best car I have owned in 40 years motoring.
Regards to this board and particular this forum.
Roger

For the USA guys:
Toyota Highlander/RX330 = Toyota Kluger.

10w30 would be a good idea. Toyota recommends 5w30 in the US but down there, 10w30 would be fine.

Roger, its a nice vehicle. I've ridden in the 3.0L equipped models and they were nice. The newer ones with the 3.3 must be really quick!

I reckon the Mobil 1 0W-40 would do the trick just nicely! Most auto places sell it now...

We just bought a 2005 LEXUS ES 330 with that engine (if I recall the nomenclature)and 5-spd auto. Manual states 5W-30 in all conditions, and, while 10W-30 may be substituted that one should return to 5W-30 at very next interval.

Glad it's a lease car. I find this recommendation of a single grade somewhat ludicrous given the difference of climatic conditions between, say, Montpelier and Dallas.

As OCIs are regulated at 5000-miles for this US-spec version, I'm simply going to go with a MOBIL ONE synthetic, good filter, and LUBE CONTROL LC20 to keep oxidation down. (LOT's of MAX RECIRC/AC idling in ambient above 100F).

Good luck with yours, let us know how that engine is as a truck motor.

My son bought a Highlander(program car with 7500 miles on it) with that engine and I am changing the oil for him. We decided to change at 10,000 mile and follow the 5000 OCI while under warranty. First change was Havoline 5W-30 and a NAPA filter by Wix. Any recommendations to the contrary?

Delvac-1 5W40 is going to be your best bet!! Delvac-1 is the most shear stable of the Mobil line up! It is also the least volitile and can handle a lot of insolubles!!! I doubt it cost any more then any other synthetic oil in your neck of the woods!

I believe the Japan Kluger is really the US Highlander, and the Japan Harrier is really the US Lexus RX330. Both the Kluger and Harrier are sold as Toyota's in Japan. For a real interesting time, look at the Japan Toyota line at http://toyota.jp/carlineup/lineup.html. Don't let the Japanese script bother you, just click- you will see models you have never seen. Or you may see models you have seen. Notice the Japan bB, its the Scion xB. Lexus is now a new brand in Japan, and it seems none of the Japan Lexus is the US Lexus!
Oh, yes, I have a Scion xB- a very nice car.

welcome.gif

Forgot to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back