Rattling Beretta 92 mag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. Bit of an issue. I have an older, used Pro Mag that was sold to me with my (new to me) Beretta CX-4 Storm, as he lost the original magazine. Anyhow, I can load it up to about five rounds with no rattles, but beyond that, it sounds like a macarena shaker. I've unloaded it at least five times, and reloaded it, making sure the bullets were "alternating" left and right. Ammunition is UMC 9mm 124gr., if that makes a difference. I also have four brand new K-mags, and other than being crazy-tough to load, they don't rattle one bit. The Pro Mag in question is not as tight, but still plenty stiff.

I am kinda partial to the pastic end-cover however!
grin2.gif

Factory mags for a Beretta cost about $70. My K mags were under $49 bucks. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm ultimately aiming for ten mags, and if you add up the difference, I can buy five hundred rounds of 9mm, or a new Savage rimfire!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Factory mags for a Beretta cost about $70. My K mags were under $49 bucks. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm ultimately aiming for ten mags, and if you add up the difference, I can buy five hundred rounds of 9mm, or a new Savage rimfire!
shocked2.gif

I know there are cheaper ones out there. I would atleast get a few Factory mags as the ones you use most. If you are going to carry this firearm, I would only use the factory mags.

Yes there are some great brands out there though.

+1

I always go with factory mags. Don't know what the current exchange rate is but that $70 is CDN$. You may not have as many choices to get those mags up north but I was able to get an extra factory 15 rd Beretta mag for my 92 for around $30 (I think). Sure, it's still pricey but I know they work. Same thing with my 1911s (Colt) - I order my factory Colt mags from Brownells or from the online gun auction sites if they're in factory packaging and I've yet to have a FTF (mag related or otherwise) with any of my guns.

Just in case this might be of intrest .

Dillon precision has new US mil. contract surplus beretta mags .
PN : G61-10904
Price : $19.95

Pro-mag is known garbage. The only aftermarket mags that have a good reputation are Mec-Gar. Some of the USGI mags are OK, some are garbage. You should be able to find new or slightly used factory Beretta mags for under $30 on the net.

Hi again folks.

Two problems:

1) I'm limited to ten-round mags. Legal limit in Canada. Not many places are willing to pin un-pinned mags. That's not even considering the few places that want to bother with a Canadian to begin with (legal US export limit is $100 - BATF rules).

2) These go in a CX-4 Storm, a pistol-caliber carbine rifle. Have yet to shoot it, no way am I walking out to my car with an obvious rifle case. Now when I get my 500lbs safe from Costco to lock them up in my apartment, sure, but for now, the plastic rifle case is my storage in my new residence (locked and legal, and yes I know not much of a deterrent to a thief). I considered mounting a hidden and locked cubby in the Yaris for it incase of SHTF, or just convenience, but I decided against it until my girlfriend picks up her own firearms license, at the least. I don't want to put her in an awkward position with a police officer, if it ever came down to that.

I was offered 4 factory mags at $45 a piece yesterday, but my paycheck was well short of affording them. Oh well.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Hi again folks.

Two problems:

1) I'm limited to ten-round mags. Legal limit in Canada. Not many places are willing to pin un-pinned mags. That's not even considering the few places that want to bother with a Canadian to begin with (legal US export limit is $100 - BATF rules).

2) These go in a CX-4 Storm, a pistol-caliber carbine rifle. Have yet to shoot it, no way am I walking out to my car with an obvious rifle case. Now when I get my 500lbs safe from Costco to lock them up in my apartment, sure, but for now, the plastic rifle case is my storage in my new residence (locked and legal, and yes I know not much of a deterrent to a thief). I considered mounting a hidden and locked cubby in the Yaris for it incase of SHTF, or just convenience, but I decided against it until my girlfriend picks up her own firearms license, at the least. I don't want to put her in an awkward position with a police officer, if it ever came down to that.

I was offered 4 factory mags at $45 a piece yesterday, but my paycheck was well short of affording them. Oh well.
frown.gif

If you carry this firearm, use one factory mag for your carry mag.

You can use the cheap stuff for target use, as your life does not depend on them.

Please use fatory mags for self defence!!!

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
It's a rifle. I doubt he will be carrying anything for self defense in Canada.

Ahh, true.

I was looking at the topic name. Beretta 92. . . .

Self-defence? Never!

It's there for ease of access, and predator control... including the two-legged variety.
whistle.gif

Such is life in Canada. Handgun carry is illusory (and primarily illegal), if a long-arm so happens to be available to you when confrontation comes about (while following all legal storage and transport laws), that'll be you're only fighting chance of not going to jail.

UPDATE:

Well I lucked out on getting a factory mag, but got a stellar deal on a new, stainless Mec Gear mag. Just waiting for it to pop up in the mail. I like shiney things.
grin2.gif

Well, last update. Triple-posting, I'm going to be banished to forum-*bleep*.
grin2.gif

The Pro-Mag is a reliable feeder, as is three out of four of the K-Mags. However, one of them seems as though it's trying to chamber two rounds at once, every third round. Obviously, this is resulting in a FTF as the gun is jammed. I'm guessing if I keep the mags in storage loaded and keep using them, they'll loosen up?

Ammo was 9mm UMC 124gr, if it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back