about auto-rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 18 bottles of Auto-Rx for your M54 engine, sprintman. Could go for the record of the most expensive oil change in Oz for an E46.
LOL.gif

I've done 3 treatments (2 to clean out the engine, 1 for oil burning) and am very pleased with Auto-Rx. I'm also following the 90 ml maintenance dose.
55.gif

I'm personaly convinced my SAAB 9-5 (which was lightly sludged at 59k miles when I bought it) would not have made it so effortlessly to 158k miles, which is when I traded in...(but for dying tranny thanks to a fast, yet hard to find leak).
blush.gif

If the search function doesn't work for you, just work your way back through the 636 pages of topics in this additive section. ARX topics are by far the majority of the 636 pages.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
If the search function doesn't work for you, just work your way back through the 636 pages of topics in this additive section. ARX topics are by far the majority of the 636 pages.

You could also do this:

1) Go to the user list
2) Go to the letter F
3) Go to page 23
4) Click on Frank, the one with 2164 posts

I would say that 99% of these posts are about auto-rx.

Originally Posted By: nicholas
Please see my review - I just posted it.

So far not impressed with the RX

Patience..... Don't judge until you've completed the clean AND rinse phase.

However, if your engine is clean, you may not see much. Just wait and then see where you are at.

Last edited:
Those of us that never really saw anything with A-RX (and yes I used it in multiple high km turbo diesel vehicles in several applications including maintenance doses) tend to be drowned out by the gush.

IMO, if vehicles have been using premium lubes and well serviced there is very little need for it, although clever people like TD say it does work in vehicles that actually need it.
What vehicles need it ?
Well, that's the $64 question, isn't it
wink.gif

It isn't a miracle cure in a bottle,
IIRC I couldn't see any differences in before/after UOA's, either.

Done such amazing things in my BMW I ain't gonna post it but I'm very anal about the oil I use with RX and most arn't which I believe is a big problem. You can work it out, well maybe you can?

I just started 3 of my vehicles on AutoRx. An '05 Caddy SRX with 31k on it (came off lease, not sure of the oil change history), an '02 530i with 97k that I bought from a neighbor last fall (all changes done at dealership with 9 month & 10k average runs on oil) and an '02 Bravada with 117k that I ran an autorx on at 75k. I'm about 500 miles into each one and my wife, who drives the SRX said to me, what did you do, the engine sure sounds quieter. I think the BMW engine sounds a bit quieter too. Looking under the oil cap on the BMW, it looked like it needed this. After 500 miles, the oil already is dark.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Run it 3,500 miles, and I hope you are using an oil with no ester component?

What happened when you ran yours with an ester oil?

It stifles (slows) the process. You don't want two agents competing for the same turf. You could (probably) use anything, but it's accomplished in the shortest manner with the most proven method of using oils without complex chemistry.

Save your money.

I have a gallon of Delo 400 (SAE 30) that I picked up for a $1 and a bunch of Pennzoil Dino that I bought last month when AA had their sale, which turned out to be a great deal since the oil filter for my 530i costs $12.95, so I'll be using that for the rinse phase.

Originally Posted By: tdi-rick
Those of us that never really saw anything with A-RX (and yes I used it in multiple high km turbo diesel vehicles in several applications including maintenance doses) tend to be drowned out by the gush.

IMO, if vehicles have been using premium lubes and well serviced there is very little need for it, although clever people like TD say it does work in vehicles that actually need it.
What vehicles need it ?
Well, that's the $64 question, isn't it
wink.gif

It isn't a miracle cure in a bottle,
IIRC I couldn't see any differences in before/after UOA's, either.

I used it in three vehicles, the two without problems it didn't make any difference. Doh!

The one that was running poorly after tuneups etc, it did help. I think it helped unstick some piston rings. Whatever it did, the truck ran a lot less ratty after ARx. BTW, the truck it helped had been run on synthetic oil with 6k mile OCIs for all of it's 110,000 miles.

For it to work, you either need to have a problem it can help with or be an ARx cult member if you expect it to fix an engine without a problem.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back