Redline SI-1 Smells Like Dead Fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After adding a bottle of SI-1 to the gas tank, out of curiosity, I decided to take a sniff of the contents. Yeah I know, it's dumb, but I was curious.

Boy was I in for a surprise. Redline SI-1 smells like dead fish! It smells like a bucket of old, dead, rotten fish!
crazy2.gif
37.gif
33.gif

As a side note, I donated the aforementioned bottle of SI-1 to my friend's car. Yes, it was $8.75, but I am a crazy BITOGer who wanted to give SI-1 another chance before condemning it for good. I was close to writing off SI-1 as snake oil as I was unable to discern any differences in driveability after using it in my Saturn with 120k. But someone mentioned to me that it was possible that the product did not mix correctly as I added it and filled up when I had half of a tank left. Therefore, I decided to give it another try.

So today, I added the full 15 ounce bottle of SI-1 to a 2006 Corolla with 56k. The car has never received any fuel additives before. For the record, the tank only had two gallons of gas left when I added the SI-1. After adding the SI-1, I immediately filled with 11 gallons of gas. So, the product should have mixed correctly this time.

I am expecting to see a major difference in driveability. But perhaps I have my hopes too high and SI-1 is just snake oil like my dad said.
21.gif

My '94 Lexus LS400 barely passed smog check several year ago, it didn't have any fuel additives before that smog check date. I used 1 bottle of Redline SI-1 a month before the next smog check and the result was almost 0 on every smog test.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
You guys keep sniffing that stuff and it will smell like dead humans.

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Why such a big change in smog results ?
21.gif

I have no idea. There wasn't any change between two smog checks, no new air filter, no new spark plugs, no change in oil + oil filter, same 91 Octane gas, same trans fluid ... The only change was Redline SI-1 added before second smog check.

Because of that incident, I'm using fuel system cleaner a month before smog check, mostly SI-1 or Techron and passed every time with flying color.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
You guys keep sniffing that stuff and it will smell like dead humans.

As usual Johnny makes a good point with a healthy dose of humor! You've really been cracking me up this week Johnny, keep 'em coming!
LOL.gif

REDDOG

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Why such a big change in smog results ?
21.gif

I have no idea. There wasn't any change between two smog checks, no new air filter, no new spark plugs, no change in oil + oil filter, same 91 Octane gas, same trans fluid ... The only change was Redline SI-1 added before second smog check.

Because of that incident, I'm using fuel system cleaner a month before smog check, mostly SI-1 or Techron and passed every time with flying color.

CRC's Guaranteed To Pass contains a healthy dose of PEA, which is the same ingredient used in Redline SI-1, Amsoil P.I., Chevron Techron, Gumout Regane and a few others.

The fish smell is weird?

BTW, if your expecting major differences on a 56K mile Corolla then you're probably giving your hopes up. SI-1 is good stuff and works, just have faith! You may notice some difference (I did) but nothing crazy.

Just my two cents.

Well, my friend did say that the car was experiencing a noticeable hesitation issue on the highway. Supposedly the car felt "lacking in power" compared to when she first bought it. I test drove the car on the highway and I could not see what she was talking about.

So I told her that maybe the SI-1 will help, but so far, it has been 100 miles since adding the SI-1 and nothing has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back