SuperTech Oil Additive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up 2 bottles of SuperTech Oil Additive in blue 15oz bottles for 10 cents each today at Wally World. They were the last 2 in the store.

Now... I just have to figure out what to do with them.
Perhaps taint some lawnmower oil with it?

I remember searching the VOA section once and finding a post from like 2005 saying that it was mainly thickener and very little additives.
What do you guys know about this stuff?
I guess I need to go and look at the markings on the bottle to see who made them?

I don't remember the number off the top of my head, but it has a decent amount of ZDDP. Wouldn't be all that bad if it didn't have all that thickistickiness.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Sounds like it's good for the Lawn Mower!

I added 1 ounce of SI-1 to my lawnmower's gas tank, which holds around 1 qt of gas. It has never idled this smoothly before.

Apparently, lawn mowers can benefit from fuel additives too!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Works great in my worn-out 350 w/it's bad cam bearings-mix w/5 qts. of cheap 20W50 & I'm good to go!

Holy Toledo!
That has got to be like 60-80 weight motor oil in there!
Have you ever tried to turn it over on a cold day?
How about a UOA on that stuff?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Sounds like it's good for the Lawn Mower!

I added 1 ounce of SI-1 to my lawnmower's gas tank, which holds around 1 qt of gas. It has never idled this smoothly before.

Apparently, lawn mowers can benefit from fuel additives too!

Now that is interesting. I need to tell my parent's nieghbor....

I opened up one of these bottles of Supertech Oil additive this morning to pour into a bottle filled with about 1 cup (1/2 pint) of Maxlife. I wanted to see how thick this stuff really was. Wow... I was suprised.

I made the mistake of using a funnel that didnt have a HUGE bore.

This stuff is THICKER than honey at room tempature. IT TOOK FOREVER for the few ounces to get through the funnel and into the bottle.
I had a partial bottle of Q torquepower 10w30 on my table so I used that to help wash the funnel out into the oil in the bottle already...but that didnt work too well either.

I used some paper towles to wipe out the funnel... yuck. The oil additive is less like oil and more like warmed grease. Sure it flows, but like a extremely thick suryp.

I now have about a quart of 10w30 Maxlife/Supertech Additive/10w30 Torque Power that is ready for the Lawnmower. A thick Synthetic Blend.
And I still have half of the bottle of Supertech that I opened.

I guess this stuff will last me a few seasons.

I picked a couple bottles up today. I figure I'll mix it with some 5w20 to thicken it up a bit.

I picked up a bottle for a buck today. Thinking of trying it in lawn equipment or using it to thicken the 5w20 so I can use it in my wife's Murano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back