this months oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
today I changed my oil and I am conducting an experiment.
My vehicle takes 6 qts oil. I used 2 qts mobile1, 2 qts vavoline syn power, 2 qts amsoil all 5w-30. I will do a uoa when the oil change is due.

Last edited:
Whats the experiment?
35.gif

Originally Posted By: bigmanoncampus
My vehicle takes 6 qts oil. I used 2 qts mobile1, 2 qts vavoline syn power, 2 qts amsoil all 5w-30. I will do a uoa when the oil change is due.

Not to be picky, but it is Mobil not mobile and Valvoline not vavoline.

Carry on.
thumbsup2.gif

What with all the advertizing hype these days, I wonder if the Synpower will attack the Mobil1 in your crankcase, rip the vii out of it.

This is an experiment in the sense of let's try this and see if anything happens. I predict no significant results compared to if you ran any one of the three subject oils. But hey, do a UOA. Worst that can happen is something bad and that way we'll see.

I doubt someone who can't spell Mobil and Valvoline correctly is going to figure out something that the engineers couldn't.
now, if you were mixing different coffee beans, well, that's a different story.

OK. If the UOA shows something significantly better or worse than normal, how are you going to have any idea what to attribute that to?

TO conduct an experiment:
scientificmethod17.jpg

Since you have done none of that and just want to see what happens, its going to be a waste of time, money(on UOA), and oil.

But whatever makes ya happy!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

TO conduct an experiment:
scientificmethod17.jpg

Since you have done none of that and just want to see what happens, its going to be a waste of time, money(on UOA), and oil.

But whatever makes ya happy!
cheers3.gif

+1

2 qts mobile1, 2 qts vavoline syn power, 2 qts amsoil .

So you are running Synamsmobil 1 Power.....
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark888
No one has even mentioned that the OP seems to be using full synthetics, and changing his oil every month.

He could be driving 5-7,000 miles a month.
smirk2.gif
...my wife puts on about 3500-4000 with 3 kids at 3 different schools playing 3 different sports....
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back