todays oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
today I changed my oil and I am conducting an experiment.
My vehicle takes 6 qts oil. I used 2 qts mobile1, 2 qts vavoline syn power, 2 qts amsoil all 5w-30. I will do a uoa when the oil change is due.

Since they are all synthetics, I wouldn't expect anything terribly unusual in the UOA. However, what you have done with your home brew is you've created a diluted mixture, not an improved one. I wouldn't recommend doing this on a regular basis. That's my $.02.

I have used synth oil for 31 years, and my advise is to let the lube engineeres do their job.

Originally Posted By: bigmanoncampus
My vehicle takes 6 qts oil. I used 2 qts mobile1, 2 qts vavoline syn power, 2 qts amsoil all 5w-30. I will do a uoa when the oil change is due.

So you now have a sump full of Amobline 5w30? OR would it be MoValvsoil or Valmosoil?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: bigmanoncampus

Why? That makes no sense unless you had 2 quarts of each laying around.

He gets the highest TBN from the Amsoil, he gets the 8x better wear from the Valvoline and he gets the moly from Mobil 1. I'd suggest calling it TRIFECTA

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
He gets the highest TBN from the Amsoil, he gets the 8x better wear from the Valvoline and he gets the moly from Mobil 1. I'd suggest calling it TRIFECTA

LOL.gif
That's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back