Joke from today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was working under the turbine today, stroking high temperature (1000F) valves.

Went up onto the maintenance area for another, and was met by the site manager, and a supervisor that I haven't seen for a decade and a half.

Manager grabbed the front of my shirt, and said "What's that, spill your drink ?"

At which the smartarse supervisor chimed in "Hold on, I'm off to get a bottle for that...I'll sell it on ebay, and make a fotune...do you know how rare Engineer's sweat is ?"

Had me in stitches.

I'm glad it was funny to you, me I would have offered a free sample by back hand flicking it on his face.

i have done my share of sweating under the australian sun.

but yeah, funny, esp has you haven't seen the guy in a long time

Nothing wrong with a little humor at work. I could certainly picture someone doing that to me at the industrial sites I've worked at. Engineers are always a target, but the guys who are willing to goof around with you are usually the ones who are most comfortable talking to you and giving you information, so I welcome it.

crinkles...he's one of the "name" players in the site works scene nation wide...it's great to have him playing for us...we've got a couple this time.

rpn453, humour is the second best part of my work. The banter is incredible...and you are correct. Those who joke together are more likely to tell stuff that would otherwise get buried.

Bah, you just have to wear several layers of woolen long johns and a bunch of thermal undershirts under your protective suit. Then you'll work up a good sweat every time!
48.gif

shannow_engineer.jpg

mori, I'm sweating just looking at the charicature...a waft of gland steam leakage leaves you "dry cleaned" wthout the dry.

You've got a long way to go when you see what my workmates did to Inertia Man, a bunch of vultures, a few british cartoons (not all in the same presentation).

mori you have too much time in your day. but it's like chuck norris's day, made up of 30 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back