Supporting the economy. best place for gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, may be a goofy question. Are there companies that are better than others for supporting the economy in North America?

Basically looking at companies with less reliance of foreign suppliers? I just bought a Jeep, and will be going through a lot mroe gas than I was before!

Keep in mind I'm in canada, so theres no Mobil stations or Texaco's.

Ryan

Irving oil is based out of the east coast, they have a refinery there, so that would be supporting a Canadian company. Petro-Canada is a Canadian company that mines tar sands, and is a pioneer in developing fields off the east Coast, so supporting them would help, too!

Thanks for the help. I figure I might as well make my lousy MPG something positive.

...Now to convince the tax man its a charitable donation when I file my taxes. Thats a long shot.

Conocco/Phillips 66/Union 76 is American petroleum and is 'Top Tier' as well as Marathon is American refineries I believe. Shell, Citgo, Thus the reason I stay away from the other players in my area. Im not 100% sure on BP/Arco, but I think their gas sux so I didnt bother to look into it.

Originally Posted By: ryan2022
Hi guys, may be a goofy question. Are there companies that are better than others for supporting the economy in North America?

Basically looking at companies with less reliance of foreign suppliers? I just bought a Jeep, and will be going through a lot mroe gas than I was before!

Keep in mind I'm in canada, so theres no Mobil stations or Texaco's.

Ryan
Wait till the price of gas goes up again.

Originally Posted By: rshunter
I'll give the Citgo products a pass. Hugo Chavez can kiss my imperialistic "you know what"...
Arab gas any better?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: rshunter
I'll give the Citgo products a pass. Hugo Chavez can kiss my imperialistic "you know what"...
Arab gas any better?

Since most of our oil comes from Alaska, Canada and Mexico, I couldn't care less about the camel-korps, either. All the shyte we're going through, to ensure the flow of oil out of the Middle-East, is primarily of benefit to those whiny European ingrates.

Cheers

thumbsup2.gif
I wonder if the U.S.dollar has something to do with the whatever reason we are spending trillions in Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back