AC/Delco PF-48, ST and Napa Gold cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was deciding between the AC/Delco, Supertech or NAPA Gold for my 2007 GMC Acadia. Here are the pictures of them cut open:

(link removed)

The gasket on the NAPA Gold was a little thinner, but I don't think that would make a difference in performance.

What one should I use? I was leaning towards the NAPA Gold. I have synthetic QHorsepower for the next oil change and plan on doing UOAs to determine how long and interval that I can go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't look at your pictures since you have to "sign up" to do so, I don't need any more emails! Why not use some other picture poster, like Esnips.com ?

I switched from AC DELCO Premium UPF-44 (and Mobil 1) oil filters to WIX or NAPA GOLD (same filter) on my Corvette and my cold oil pressure increased 10-15 psi, since the oil pressure sensor on a Corvette is AFTER the oil filter, more pressure means more flow. I did this because some said the DELCO Premium and Mobil 1 filters filter too good at the expense of flow. My UOAs showed no difference.

I would (and do) use NAPA GOLD oil filters.

Last edited:
Yup, would love to see the pics, but I'm not joining that site just to be able to.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Yup, would love to see the pics, but I'm not joining that site just to be able to.

+2

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner

I switched from AC DELCO Premium UPF-44 (and Mobil 1) oil filters to WIX or NAPA GOLD (same filter) on my Corvette and my cold oil pressure increased 10-15 psi, since the oil pressure sensor on a Corvette is AFTER the oil filter, more pressure means more flow. I did this because some said the DELCO Premium and Mobil 1 filters filter too good at the expense of flow. My UOAs showed no difference.

You changed filters because "someone said" the upf filters are
one of the best IMO, i have them (UPF52)on two of my car/truck
and for me i see NO psi difference(drop)what so ever,cold or hot. You seen
a 10-15 psi drop using GM spec 5w30?? hard to believe,that filter is designed
NOT to be restrictive.

Got a warning when I pulled that page up that it is an attack site. It shut down immediately and I barely had enough time to see the pics.

McAfee sees nothing wrong with it ..but it's popup city. AdBlock, which I had turned off for Hulu, took care of it.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Got a warning when I pulled that page up that it is an attack site. It shut down immediately and I barely had enough time to see the pics.

same here virus warrning. ***??

Hue-guiz are scaring me
shocked2.gif
My McAfee gives the site the green light on its site advisor.

Want to add your comments? Log in or Register.

* Home
* Download
* Analysis
* Support
* Blog
* For Webmasters
* About us

esnips.com
Green Verdict Image

We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems.

Are you the owner of this site? Leave a comment
Contact information: Country Popularity

United States

Lots of users
Automated Web Safety Testing Results for esnips.com
e-mail tests for esnips.com:

What our inbox looked like after we signed up here:
Sample Inbox
Subject Sender Date

Re: eSnips advertise Question
[email protected] 2008 August

< 1 e-mail/ month

After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received less than 1 e-mail per month.

* View detailed analysis

Download tests for esnips.com:

Downloads we found on this site:
Download Analysis

eSnips 1.1.0.8 (esnips.exe)

vidalia-bundle-0.1.2.5-alpha-0.0.10.exe

2 green downloads

In our tests, we found downloads on this site were free of adware, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs.

* View detailed analysis
* Submit a download for analysis

Online affiliations for esnips.com:
Link Graph

Linked to green sites

When we visited this site, we found that most of its links are to sites which are safe or have only minor safety/annoyance issues.

Strange. Earlier today LinkScanner would not allow me to access that link. I just did a re-scan and now LS says it's okay.
21.gif

I clicked on that link yesterday. Today my firewall is warning me of a second party that is trying to hook up with my computer. I am not saying its from that but the timing is weird. I left it alone and my computer was running terrible. My desktop also got totally rearranged. I finally rejected it from my firewall and computer is running ok for now. I talked to a friend of mine that knows a lot about computers and he says it sounds like the new Conflicker worm. I am running Norton now to see if it detects anything. I had already run two other scanners but he said this one should show it for sure if that is what happened.

Originally Posted By: daman
Corvette Owner said:

You changed filters because "someone said" the upf filters are
one of the best IMO, i have them (UPF52)on two of my car/truck
and for me i see NO psi difference(drop)what so ever,cold or hot. You seen
a 10-15 psi drop using GM spec 5w30?? hard to believe,that filter is designed

Many Corvette owners have reported noisy startups using the UPF-44 oil filter, which stop when they switch to another filter. I did see an increase in cold start oil pressure when using a WIX filter.

Didn't have problems with the link. The Supertech filter is impressively built - don't know how they can sel them SO cheap.

The AC Delco one was very disappointing. That blob of glue is disgusting!

ok all the scans have finished and all are negative. So I dont know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back