No more Sunoco soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why couldn't the converted Sunoco stations still sell 94 octane gas? They will still be getting their gas from the same place.

But in answer to your question, no, it will not affect me as we have neither brand in WI.

B/C PC doesn't offer anything more than 91/92 octane gas, so if a Sunoco station becomes a PC station, its going to offer what other PC stations offer. They won't have 'some' PC station offer 94 octane gas, and I DOUBT they will expand PC's product line to include 94 octane gas.

BTW, doesn't affect me, I run whatever 87 swill I can get cheapest in my Cavalier...but i DID think the 'Ultra 94' was a good oaffering/marketing thing from Sunoco...harkened back to the days of Sunoco 260 for some....

Except for a few stations near the racetrack that still sell 94 to 104 octane, Ultra94 morphed into Ultra93 years ago in my part of the woods.

Originally Posted By: IntegraVT
Except for a few stations near the racetrack that still sell 94 to 104 octane, Ultra94 morphed into Ultra93 years ago in my part of the woods.

In this part of NY it is the same, we lost 94 Ultra years ago. I still use the 93 version, since my GTI likes it as much as the Mobil Super at about a dime per gallon discount.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Why couldn't the converted Sunoco stations still sell 94 octane gas? They will still be getting their gas from the same place.

But in answer to your question, no, it will not affect me as we have neither brand in WI.

my sunoco`s don`t sell 94 octane anymore.
frown.gif
they stooped around 2-3 years ago.93 is the highest in my area now.

Last edited:
Well, Sunoco Canada is a separate company than Sunoco USA, and they have always bragged and promoted the heck outta their 94 octane Ultra up here. Interesting to see if it just disappears.....

94 up here is full of alchol anyways. I would get terrible mileage and I know people who wouldvhave trouble starting in the winter with it

Originally Posted By: Saab9-3
94 up here is full of alcohol anyways. I would get terrible mileage and I know people who would have trouble starting in the winter with it

I stopped using the Husky/Mohawk premium for the same reason

ditto. But the benefit to having the 4-grade setup is that 91 halves the price difference between 89 and 93, which are mid and premium at all the stations around here... Sunoco cant charge more for a 93 ultra gasoline, so tey charge the same, and offer a better price on 91.

As an update, I've found on the Canada Sunoco site that Sunoco stations will be becoming PC stations.

These stations, and select other ones, will still be carrying 94 octane gas, the exact same stuff that was sold before....

AFAIK, yes. The PC stations that 'were' Sunoco's will offer the same 94 octane gas, and some existing PC stations will be up-graded' to serve it as well.

Some stations have 93 octane gas, like the Stinsons I was at the other day....but almost all are 91/92 octane for premium.

One on this side of town is Husky now too. I do remember reading that some of the Sunoco stations would be sold off not converted. It is odd how they are doing it though, that one is not really near any other stations yet by me there are now a PC stations right across the street from each other. Is Husky associated with Suncor or PC in any way or are these locations theu have let go?

The only Sunocos I know of here in Chicagoland are on the Indiana Tollway. I always wondered how they could make a business case for the 5 or 6 grades they sold. IIRC, they used to even sell an 85 octane in western New York but the EPA must have finally clamped down on that.

Yes, it was almost 7 or 8 years ago in Joisey if I remember correctly.

Which "racetrack" are you speaking of (Island Dragway??), and where are these stations located (which roads, 46, 57, 31??)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back