80w90 canadian tire vs. shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.I gotta pick up some gear oil (80w90)for an off highway dump truck (120 liters) and used shell spirax HD last time with good results but have since heard they make canadian tire(motomaster?) oils and i was wondering if the gear oil is just as good or the same, as it is cheaper ($47 vs. $61 /20 l pail(5gal)).I know people say oil suppliers make the oil to meet customer specs, but i was thinking with less competitive dino gear oil sales, it might just come out of the same batch.I think the specs printed on the pails were the same(meets mack...bla,bla,bla).Or any other gear oil suggestions ? Also theres the wallyword stuff which is cheaper yet but i tried it in my pick-up and it looks like [censored] after not many miles. Are their oils , which i heard come mostly from "safety kleen" (recycled oil place)up here in canada, recycled and would it have to say so on the label if it was ? BTW i noticed the motomaster 15w40 is only CI-4 rated.
Thanks

my post is gone ! oh well, no replies anyway. MSDS' were the exact same if anyone cares or if that even means anything

Its back...must've been my pc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back