jeep 545rfe tc shudder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tc shudder in a jeep liberty crd (modified) and i was wondering if there was a atf out there that could reduce it? perhaps with better friction modifiers etc. i've Been running mopar's atf+4 And i was looking M1's wall mart oil.

I pretty much run m1 everywhere else but it's expensive and i need a lot of it so what say you?

Would just replacing the old atf with new atf help? it's got about 50k on the atf but about 6 qt of it is less than 30k old (due to tc replacement, pump replacement, and filter change)

A synthetic ATF (Amsoil or M1) is actually more cost effective than normal ATF since it lasts a lot longer. I would go with Amsoil or M1 (via way of a flush), add a Magnefine filter and you are good for way over 50K miles.

Just do not do multiple drain and flushes in an attempt to get a high percentage of synthetic ATF in your transmission. Its far from being cost effective with expensive ATF.

Definitely overdue for a full flush with filters changed.
Stick with the ATF+4 and OE filters.

when people say tcc shudder, what does it look like?

I always asked my dealer about that and no one seems to have an answer so how is the tcc shudder looks like?

Is it intermitent? Is it at every speed? Does the whole car shakes like crazy? I'm just asking, tks!

I would have it 'hot flushed,' not just a pan drop and fluid dump. The 545RFE in my Grand Cherokee behaves much better since I had that done at a high end trans shop recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back