Oil analysis for a BMW 330d. Mobil 1 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
JHZR2, thanks for the informations.
M1 0W40 is LL01 so it meets the recomandations of BMW.

LargeCarManX2, I use sometimes Mann filters or BMW original filters. The Mann filter looks a little bit better.
Mobil 5w40 is not LL01 so it doesn't meet BMW's spec for my car. Why do you think it would be better than Mobil 0w40?
I use regular diesel and rarely diesel plus, which is regular diesel with additives to increase cetane, clean injectors, lubricate more etc...
Price of diesel have decreased so i'm using it more often.

JAG, it's interesting what you're saying. In France I've seen some people using this oil (and often new oil) to replace a part of diesel. Most of them use it on olds diesel motors. With these motors it doesn't disturb much the motor. But on new motors like mine I prefer staying with normal diesel. I feel more confident.

Interesting. It's showing up on the US site as well . It appears to cost $4k more than the 335i though, although the 335d includes automatic tranny (sadly no manual option available).

Not sure what the gas and diesel prices are in Canada, but in the US it's about

$1.83/gallon of premium
$2.33/gallon of diesel

Assuming about 29 mpg (US) average for the 335d and about 21 mpg (US) average for the 335i, it costs about $87 to go 1,000 miles in the 335i and about $80 to go 1,000 miles in the 335d. So, at the current price levels, I think I'd stick with the 335i, especially that I'm not a big fan of slushboxes.

Back to the topic, I don't think 4% fuel in 20,000 KM is really that bad. We've seen some Ford 6.0s get that level of fuel dilution in 5000KM but yet they had reasonable wear rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back