I like Amsoil P.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some time using it myself, I gave bottles to my better customers for the Holidays, and have sold quite a few cases since. :D

Last edited:
When I tried it in my Maxima in the UK, it sure made fuel economy bump up as well. I was rather pleased.
55.gif

Same here can't say I noticed a huge increase in performance or mpg. Nice to know my egine & fuel system are nice and clean though. Probably will only use it every 6-12 months and not the suggested 4000 miles.

I used Amsoil PI on both my Camry and my Nissan Quest. No real gain in performance or fuel millage. I'm sticking with Chevron. It is cheaper and does the same job.

-ttvr4

I claimed my Amsoil PI rebate. You have to make sure you put down "20 gallons" of fill up gas or else they'll reject you.

-ttvr4

Originally Posted By: ttvr4
I claimed my Amsoil PI rebate. You have to make sure you put down "20 gallons" of fill up gas or else they'll reject you.

-ttvr4

I used Amsoil PI on both my Camry and my Nissan Quest. No real gain in performance or fuel millage. I'm sticking with Chevron. It is cheaper and does the same job.

Not to be overly picky, but are you saying the cars were previously treated with Techron?

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
I've got 105 miles on a tank with P.I. in it, and my used car has never run better.

It unclogged an injector on my neon which corrected my check engine light... I'm VERY happy...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

-ttvr4

Not to be overly picky, but are you saying the cars were previously treated with Techron?

Nope, neither of the vehicles have been treated with Techron. However, my Mazda has been treated with Techron and I noticed an improvement in gas mileage. I bought 3 bottles of Amsoil PI and used it on my Toyota and Nissan.

-ttvr4

Most guys here have been saying they have been using fuel system cleaners regularly, so no go on the money back.

So if you have used other cleaners before or do regularly the money back guarantee is not valid?

Are they really that picky about the warranty? I thought it was a satisfaction guarantee, do they really split hairs like that? 20 gallons, and you better have never used cleaners or treatments prior? That would exclude just about everyone. So far the Amsoil products I've used worked well, this seems disappointing to me.

So if you used a cleaner prior the warranty is void, and the car has to have less than 25,000 miles on it. Seems straight forward. Directions are simple enough.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
So if you used a cleaner prior the warranty is void, and the car has to have less than 25,000 miles on it. Seems straight forward. Directions are simple enough.

Actually more than 25K miles (not much effect on a new engine is the logic). Also it's not a warranty by strict definition.

It makes sense. Would you expect to see a difference using Amsoil PI in a new car with 10 miles on it? Same goes if your fuel system is already clean and in tip top shape, it's not going to make a difference. Why waste Amsoil's money on a warranty claim, just be happy your fuel system was already in good shape and consider it preventative maintenence.

Amsoil is relying on people's honesty. But it does not say 20 gallons. It says a tank of fuel. Is that not fair?

PI Guarantee

It actually doesn't directly says it has to be 20 gallons. However, if you read the fine print on the rebate it states, "P.I. must be used in accordance with the treat rates listed on the bottle." Unless someone got a different bottle (12 oz) of Amsoil P.I., the treat rate is 20 gallons. Amsoil is sneaky....

-ttvr4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back