Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell Launches All-New Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines

Quote:
HOUSTON, March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at Shell stations across the U.S., consumers will fill-up with a new product at the pumps. Shell is introducing the all-new Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, containing a unique, patented cleaning system designed to seek and destroy engine "gunk" (carbon deposits) in all three grades of gasoline. The new Nitrogen Enriched cleaning system protects and cleans up gunky build-up on intake valves and fuel injectors left by lower quality gasolines.

Something really "new' or just a new marketing ploy for existing additives?
wink.gif

Noticed this last night filling up the Subaru....not sure if it's only in the V-Power/high octane fuel, but the ad made it appear that way.

Smells like a gimmick.

That's an explanation why the Shell near me was exceptionally cheap last Friday. 15 cents lower than the usual low-price leaders.

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
Noticed this last night filling up the Subaru....not sure if it's only in the V-Power/high octane fuel, but the ad made it appear that way.

Well, according to Shell, it just has more of it...

"In addition, Shell V-Power(R) premium gasoline provides maximum protection with the highest concentration of the Nitrogen Enriched cleaning system and more than five times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by federal government standards. It seeks and destroys engine gunk even faster than regular Shell gasoline, providing maximum protection to help vehicles maintain peak performance."

Nobody knows what to believe anymore. How could we ever determine if this product does us any good over another product?

What is used to add the nitro to the gas.Shells previous claims to clean were wrong? .Pablo has something there.

As Pablo said, yes existing detergents are nitrogen-based so I think that aspect of this marketing is a gimmick, but the ads say the new additives are better than before which can be true. This new gas is in my car right now. I can feel the clean! J/K

amines contains nitrogen so my take on this so-called "high nitrogen" content is all marketing (gimmicky).

It's like calling water "high Hydrogen" ....all about playing with words.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Nobody knows what to believe anymore. How could we ever determine if this product does us any good over another product?

You need a friend in a lab.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back