AutoRx Maintenance dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read references of people using "maintenance doses" of AutoRx when changing oil, approximately 4 oz. My question is/are, do you use it at the initial fill and run it for the full length of the oil use, or later on during the interval and just run it for 2-3k miles?
Thanks

Run it from the time you put in new oil.
I gave some to a friend who has a new 2008 Ford Escape to see if he could tell a difference. So far he cant, but it IS a new car.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Run it from the time you put in new oil.
I gave some to a friend who has a new 2008 Ford Escape to see if he could tell a difference. So far he cant, but it IS a new car.

The Maintenance Dose in your friends new car may keep the engine working properly over a longer period of time if he keeps doing the Maintenance Dose versus a new car that does not see a dose of auto-rx.

I changed the oil and filter in my 2009 Toyota RAV4 V-6 at 500 miles. I added 3 ozs of ARX to the next fill of 5W-30 Valvoline. I plan to use the maintenance dose with conventional oil until I do a UOA around 10-15K miles on the vehicle and then consider my options at that point.

I'm running a 4 oz maint dose in a 08 Jeep, with synthetic oil. I really don't expect to see any benefit other than keeping it clean, and possibly keeping the oil clinging to the internals since the Jeep is not used everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back