USF1 in 2010!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do y'all think of the new USF1 team that will be announced on 24 Feb. 09? I for one think it's great, I'd love to see an American Formula 1 team. Don't know about the timing but I do wish them well. Looking forward to seeing who the engine supplier will be and I think Scott Speed would be an excellent choice for a driver.

What say you?

Btw, here's their website: USF1 website Supposedly they'll have webcams set up in the shop.

Last edited:
It'd certainly lend some much needed (and deserved by some parties) credibility to the US auto industry.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I think the driver might surprise you.

From NASCAR? ALMS?
34.gif

I wonder who's going to supply the engines, if it's to be a true American team? None of the big 3 are in a financial position to supply engines. I wonder if Roush, Hennessey, Callaway or some other specialty manufacturer will be doing it. Anyway, not too much longer to wait for details...

Did any of you watch Wind Tunnel on Speed yesterday? Peter Windsor hinted at a lot of cool things about the team. America definitely has the know how to campaign a competitive car, money's going to be the hurdle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Blokey
{snip}money's going to be the hurdle.{snip}

That is part of why Peter Windsor was on Dave's show.
Who will be Peter's replacement for Speed broadcasts of F1 or will everyone now be in the Carolina warehouse? He will be very difficult to replace.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I think the driver might surprise you.

From NASCAR? ALMS?
34.gif

I think NASCAR and just maybe one of the Petty drivers. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: benjamming
{snip}money's going to be the hurdle.{snip}

That is part of why Peter Windsor was on Dave's show.
Who will be Peter's replacement for Speed broadcasts of F1 or will everyone now be in the Carolina warehouse? He will be very difficult to replace.

I wonder if any of the unemployed Honda F1 team brain trust could replace Windsor... maybe Ross Brawn?
wink.gif
Yeah, looks like '09 may be Windsor's last season reporting from the grid for Speed. It's a tough job but I'd like to volunteer! LOL!

I love F1, Cant stand Nascar, am a snobby pro-American everything, but know 2 things:

1) Our Yahoos down there in the South dont like F1, and wont.
2) The F1 fan base will never expand here, except by getting my fellow snobs in line for events and merch. We think we're better than the average Joe, cant stand the average Joe, and half the reason we like F1 is for that matter, anyway.
3) And finally, The USF1 team and driver will lose miserably.

God Bless America!

-A

The "yahoos down there in the south" are going to be the people who will work for the F1 team. Many of the so called yahoos were once northern elitist self centered snobs who moved south for a better life and a career in racing. Lots of racing facilities, fab shops, engineers and tech folks to build cars and run the team. Much of the remaining tech stuff will come out of California, the same place where most current F1 teams get their aerospace-developed tech from.

As for American F1 fans? Who cares? There is not enough of them to matter. But I will say that if a true US F1 team emerges, with a marquee American driver, the fan base will expand. IF nothing else, a F1 team based in NASCAR country will immediately get a lot of fan interest, and I'm sure the new F1 team will be fan friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back