Fuel Injector Cleaner how often and what brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just run 1 bottle of SI-1 every oil change will be great.
My Toyota car doesn't like any continuous use of cleaner, but the shock dose of regane/SI-1 give better throttle response after the treatment.
One more thing, driving in higher rpm for longer period or some wide open throttle will help clean faster

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I never do, I stick to toptier gas and let that do the work for me.

Same here.

Since they're all the same set of things, just buy the cheapest one on sale when you go to the store. Use 1 bottle twice a year at the turn of the seasons e.g. before winter and before summer. YOu honestly don't need more unless you always buy "BI-LO"GAS. In that case, 4x year is probably better.

Originally Posted By: Paul2007
Since they're all the same set of things, just buy the cheapest one on sale when you go to the store.

This is not true. The formulations are very different, especially when you compare the products that work and the ones that don't. The ones that do work contain PolyEther Amine. Some cleaners that contain PEA are Redline SI-1, Gumout Regane, Amsoil P.I., Chevron Techron Concentrate.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I use Amsoil PI once per year. It has completely unclogged an injector in my neon that was otherwise toast so I'm a believer now...

I also use FP-Plus year round in my gas to keep the injectors clean and lubricated.

StevieC,

How long, if at all, had you been using FP+ before the injector in your Neon became plugged? If you had been using FP+ on a continuous basis for a long time, then it would appear as though the FP+ didn't work as advertised. Could you provide a little bit more detail? Did you begin to use FP+ as a result of this problem after Amsoil Pi cleared the plugged injector?

Originally Posted By: Lyondellic
StevieC,

How long, if at all, had you been using FP+ before the injector in your Neon became plugged? If you had been using FP+ on a continuous basis for a long time, then it would appear as though the FP+ didn't work as advertised. Could you provide a little bit more detail? Did you begin to use FP+ as a result of this problem after Amsoil Pi cleared the plugged injector?

I hadn't used FP+ on my Neon at all until after the Amsoil PI because I thought the Neon wasn't worth it and was only a spare care anyways... Then once the injector was unplugged and it started running like a half-decent car I put the FP+ in it to keep it running smooth. I also use RLI Fuel system treatment alternating tanks from the FP+

Originally Posted By: Tim H.
Top tier? [censored]! Go follow the gas station refueling truck around and see just how many stations it stops at...

LOL, I said the very same thing! Which is why I add MMO to the gas.

I am wanting to use a FI cleaner and I was wondering if anyone has used SeaFoam? I use it in my two lawnmowers and it seems to make them run better. I am debating about trying it in my trucks. It says on the bottle it is safe for all systems and that fire departments and the military use it. Does anyone have any experience with SeaFoam? I use Chevron gas in my three vehicles and I want to start using a FI regularly. I am new to the forum and I want to thank everybody for the help. Wes

I used it just before a recent oil change, I added it to the gas as per directions, and it seemed to work well. I have no scientific data to back it up, only what appeared to be a well running vehicle before and after the treatment. I use FI cleaner from time to time, and run MMO all the time in the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back