STP fuel products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a search brought up nada. Anyone have opinions about the STP line of fuel treatment and/or injector cleaner?

So is it worthwhile to poor a few ounces of kerosene in the gas occasionally to keep things clean?

No. Their products are far from effective.
Redline, Gumout, and other products positively mentioned in this forum are all very good cleaners.

ford says all fuel additives are useless and maybe harmful...just use regular gas at a hi volume name brand dealer according to honda

Originally Posted By: HollowEyes
Well, a search brought up nada. Anyone have opinions about the STP line of fuel treatment and/or injector cleaner?
Tried this before using Amsoil PI to fix a clogged injector in my Neon... The PI did it, and the STP didn't do squat.

Its got jet fuel, it must make the car really fast
39.gif

Based on my experience I am distrustfull of STP products in general. As said before stick with a name brand (top tier if possible) fuel. If you feel the need to get additional cleaning then used a respected know-to-work system cleaner like Techron system cleaner, red line, Gumbout etc.

I noticed recently that the bottles of STP Gas Treatment (red bottle) at my local Albertson's supermarket have a cardboard attachment which claims it "reduces engine friction".

So now STP is an UCL?
21.gif

With all that is being said about the STP additive from the store, what is the deal with it being added to Marathon fuel? Are they putting kerosene into the gasoline we buy from the gas station?

It has to be something more, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back