Are There Any Good Aftermarket Engine Mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I replaced the engine mounts on my 97 Toyota Avalon only to have them fail almost exactly a year later- and I mean COMPLETELY fail. Does anyone know a good aftermarket nmaker engine mounts, it seems they are very hard to find...Thanks.

The original mounts lasted for 10 years and the new factory Toyota replacements lasted only one year? I would be having a serious talk with my Toyota dealer.

I'm sorry, that was my question. I do not have an answer to your question. I would assume someone makes after market mounts.

Last edited:
nope, I didn't make myself clear, I replaced the 10 year old mounts with aftermarket ones and those failed after 1 year. The OE Toyota ones were very expensive and I didnt feel like dropping that kind of money right now. The aftermarket ones were about $125 for the tripod mount and I thinnk 20 for the rear. To be honest, the only mount that held up so far was the "dog bone" torque strut, which was made by Beck-Arnley. That was the only name-brand mount I could find for the car, the other 2 mounts were no-name, one was made in China, the other in India.

Last edited:
Beck/Arnley sells excellent OE equivalent parts. The parts are sometimes identical to OEM other than a different package.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Beck/Arnley sells excellent OE equivalent parts. The parts are sometimes identical to OEM other than a different package.

I was so lucky. When I did a lot of work on Japanese cars I had a big parts warehouse/distributor in San Antonio that delivered. Most of their Toy parts were Beck-Arnley and almost every part in B-A boxes were genuine OEM. Sure made life easy as far as rechecks were concerned.

I got some aftermarket motor mounts for my 94 Camry off EBAY and they seem fine. In some cases the original ones had problems and the OEMS were redesigned and so were the aftermarket ones.

But if can get Beck Arnley for a decent price I would go with that.

Replacing a motor mount that may be rusted in for 10 years can be a super pain, but replacing one that wore out in a year or two should not be too bad.

I took it to the mechanic to install and IT WAS THE WRONG MOUNT! I am sending it back now and getting one at the dealer. The 1997 part number isn't even in the catalog, the part he gave me was for a 96.

Ive read over on the neons.org forum. many thier have said they use clear window caulk in thier mounts..You fill in all the air gaps in/on the mounts, let it sit for 3 ro 4 days, then install..its supposed to be a HUGE advancement over the chrysler stock mounts, gives much better response and prtection. You might, get slight more vibration in the driving wheel, but from what ive read, its really idealisitc and way better...
Maybe give this a shot..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back