Baldwin Filter 243 w/Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased some Baldwin filters for my 2007 Toyota Tacoma V6. Thought I would post some pics.
DSC02013.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

Sure. I would like to cut one open after my 5K run on this change. It will be April 2nd unless I sacrifice one the the new ones I have. I have a feeling I'm going to have to cut one open this week. LOL. They were $5.46 per filter. I do have a friend that can get them $2.62 each but I have to buy them a case at a time and it's free shipping. I will do that next time. I wanted to make sure I liked the filter first so I bought 3.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Greaser
The third pic from the top,the one where you can see the inner tube,does it attach to the baseplate or is it hanging?

It's hanging.

I stuck my finger in there and I feel the rubber valve right there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Badlees
Sure. I would like to cut one open after my 5K run on this change. It will be April 2nd unless I sacrifice one the the new ones I have. I have a feeling I'm going to have to cut one open this week. LOL. They were $5.46 per filter. I do have a friend that can get them $2.62 each but I have to buy them a case at a time and it's free shipping. I will do that next time. I wanted to make sure I liked the filter first so I bought 3.

Good. Cut it open after use so we can see what is up with it.

Originally Posted By: Badlees
I stuck my finger in there and I feel the ADBV. I think that is what you are seeing. It's black on this filter.
If it's black, plenty of members here consider the filter to be poor. If it does not have a orange one then it is a piece of garbage...

I totally think that is [censored] but what can you do?
06.gif

Take care and waiting for the photos of the guts...

bill

Originally Posted By: cornfused
So it's not a silicone ADBV?
P502016 is what they say I need but it doesn't say much about them.
I don't know what it is. I guess I will cut one open for the sake of knowing. Do I just cut the can off of the base and disassemble?

Last edited:
"USUALLY" black means nitrile and orange means silicone. You can clearly see the deformation of the nitrile one I took apart.

Bill, you've taken apart many filters, have you not seen this problem often with either?

Just cut that sucker open with a hacksaw. I will post the pictures in a new post in 5 minutes.

Originally Posted By: cornfused
"USUALLY" black means nitrile and orange means silicone. You can clearly see the deformation of the nitrile one I took apart.

Bill, you've taken apart many filters, have you not seen this problem often with either?
With the Fram?

Nope. I've seen the wavy element with quite a few filters (I think it is due to the temps that a filter sees) but they still filter.

As far seeing the ADBV being warped in all the filters I've cut open? No. IIRC the valve sits on the top of the filter pressed upon the base plate. It does not matter if it is straight alone, it matters if it is pressed all the way around the base plate when the element is in place.

When taking apart filters I always look carefully to make sure that everything fits tight when pressed in the can.

Take care, bill

I understand what you are saying, but how can you be sure that even while they are pressed together that the edge wouldn't still lift up abit? That was the first one I've cut open so I definately have no idea.

oh, and what does IIRC mean?
blush.gif

Baldwin makes great filters.But some of their models are "short tubed".Which means the filter media is holding the thing together not the tube from baseplate to top-plate.To me the thing becomes "iffy" when wet due to the spring pressing down on everything in the can.Why they do this,I don't know but I've had customers look inside the filter and say "no thanks".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back