Power Steering Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Mobil-1 oils,gear oils,and ATF in my 4 cars and 2 trucks. I want to change out the power steering fluid in my Nissan Titan and Frontier. Manual says Nissan power steering fluid or Dexron III. Mobil-1 ATF meets Dexron III specs. I think I am going to try it. Anybody else using this in a Nissan power steering unit?

Yes, I use Mobil 1 ATF for my 2007 Nissan Frontier. Interestingly, I went to the dealer to buy some Nissan PS Fluid. The shop manager came out and told me to use Mobil 1 ATF as that is what they use in their shop. Runs great with no problems!! I pump out the reservoir every oil change and replace with the Mobil 1.

I use Mobil1 ATF & Amsoil ATF in both my Nissan & Infiniti vehicles. The synthetic helps with the heat the PS units produce under load. It also flows better than regular conventional fluid which helps in the cold winter.

You are on the right track with Mobil1 ATF in the PS unit. Are you doing a whole flush or using the turkey baster?

I've used it for 20 years in Fords with great results. Never had a pump failure. Likewise every oil change I draw out the res. and top off with new M1.

Last edited:
tig1 has a great idea. It's better to keep the system flushed than to let it go a long time and then try and fix it with a flush.
And PS systems can gt really hot, which cooks fluids.

Excellent move. I have done the same thing to many dexron/mercon power steering systems and never was disappointed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back