Lucas Gas Treatment Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using about 4-5 ounces of Lucas Gas Treatment when I go to gas up. I may be adding too much since each time I fill up I am only putting in 14 gallons of gasoline.

I ran a tank with the Lucas Gas Treatment and got 22 m.p.g.

I ran a tank without the Lucas and got 23.42 m.p.g.

I am thinking that my mileage drop is because I have added too much Lucas Gas Treatment. How much Lucas Gas Treatment should I add to 14 gallons of fuel.

Is it better to use this product every tank or every other tank as a maintenance dose.

The vehicle is a 2004 Mercury Marauder with 28,000 miles on it.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

I've been adding approx. the same amount, and have been trying to convince myself that my MPG drop was due to other things. I'll cut back on the amount of Lucas on my next fill-up, and see if that helps. I don't have the info in front of me, but it seems like 3 oz. is about the right amount for a 14 gallon tank.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I've been adding approx. the same amount, and have been trying to convince myself that my MPG drop was due to other things. I'll cut back on the amount of Lucas on my next fill-up, and see if that helps. I don't have the info in front of me, but it seems like 3 oz. is about the right amount for a 14 gallon tank.

I see you are not the only 1 with this issue, but the car seems to be running great so maybe I will try the 3 ounces.

I tried the Lucas using the same dose as MMO 4oz/ 10 gallons of gas. I found the MMO worked better, I also cut/increased the Lucas dose and still found MMO to be better. OD'ing with any of these fuel adds will cut power and MPG. IMO for the money MMO is a better value than the Lucas when adding to gas.

The problem this time of the year is the colder temps, it can really throw things off as far as MPG go.

Last edited:
I tried Lucas in my brother's Lancer at the recommended dose and it only got around 23mpg over a few tanks(usually gets 27-29).

It seems like some cars like it and some don't, as far as mileage is concerned.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I had the best results in my Crown Vic at 2 ounces per 10 gallons.

I have a Marauder which is basically a Ford product like your Crown Vic, if you say 2 ounces per 10 gallons, then maybe I will do 2.5 ounces per 14 gallons.

When you use UCLs they are not really conbustable. So in theory you are "diluteing" the petrol.

If your going to use it full time, I would not exceed the bottles instructions. I would even be inclined to cut the recommended dosage in half.

This time of year it's really hard to go by anything when looking at MPG. I'm down more than 10% from normal weather conditions. I had a new theory about this... and that is, since it takes the engine so much more time to warm up, that warm up time is extended, and the engine must use more fuel during this warm up time.

Originally Posted By: c3po
I have been using about 4-5 ounces of Lucas Gas Treatment when I go to gas up. I may be adding too much since each time I fill up I am only putting in 14 gallons of gasoline.

I ran a tank with the Lucas Gas Treatment and got 22 m.p.g.

I ran a tank without the Lucas and got 23.42 m.p.g.

I am thinking that my mileage drop is because I have added too much Lucas Gas Treatment. How much Lucas Gas Treatment should I add to 14 gallons of fuel.

Is it better to use this product every tank or every other tank as a maintenance dose.

The vehicle is a 2004 Mercury Marauder with 28,000 miles on it.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

3oz per 10 gallons...4oz will put you in the ballpark. I would try FP60 Plus, yea its more expensive but you use half as much. Which in turn saves alittle money in the end.

I just filled up with Exxon 93 octane (10% ethanol) in my GTI. This time I did not add Lucas. On my previous fill-up (Exxon 93 octane NO ethanol) I got 26.5 mpg, using 4 oz. of Lucas UCL. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in mpg with this tank.

The next time I fill up I will be adding only say 3 ounces to 14 gallons of gas, if the mileage is down after this then I may either just use the Lucas in the summer or try MMO instead.

Maybe the Lucas gets thick in this cold weather, I will see how what the lower dose does for gas mileage.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I just filled up with Exxon 93 octane (10% ethanol) in my GTI. This time I did not add Lucas. On my previous fill-up (Exxon 93 octane NO ethanol) I got 26.5 mpg, using 4 oz. of Lucas UCL. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in mpg with this tank.

Results are in. I just completed a 390 mile run on a tank of Exxon 93 Octane (10% Ethanol). I managed to squeeze 28.9 mpg from this tank. I'm not sure if any conclusion can be drawn from my experience, since I drove slower on this most recent tank of fuel, and did not exceed 65 mph on the highway. The weather has also been considerably warmer this week than it was for the tank where I only got 26.5 mpg.

I will be filling up my tank today, the previous tank had the Lucas in it, I am doing a maintenance dose every other tank.

I think I will be cutting my dosage in half, or if the mileage drop keeps up with Lucas I may have to use MMO in the winter and use the Lucas in the summer since the stuff is thick.

My gas mileage was the same, 23 m.p.g. I was putting in the Lucas every other tank, today when I gassed up I decided to put 3 ounces in, I will see what happens.

It is either 4 ounces every other tank, or maybe 3 ounces every tank. I will check the mileage on the next tank and if it is lower then I may use this Lucas every other tank.

Originally Posted By: c3po
I think I will be cutting my dosage in half, or if the mileage drop keeps up with Lucas I may have to use MMO in the winter and use the Lucas in the summer since the stuff is thick.

That's what I do. Lucas is just too thick when it gets cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back