M1 OIL FILTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought 5 M-103's M1 filters at my Walmart at $7.00 each...they were on close out.....I thought they were a good deal.
I bought all 5 of them , all they had.....checked out other WM but couldn't find any more. Oh well..........
BOB

I saw them two weeks ago but never posted cause at $7 they are still kind of expensive.

They also have some Motorcraft oil filters on closeout.

That is the lowest price I have ever heard of for Mobil 1 filters-outstanding buy! The Extended Guard Fram filters (probably of similar overall quality) are a little bit more than that and the K & N's are about 5 bucks higher.

I must have missed it, when was the sale? I pay just under $6 for my Wix oil filter. I picked up one for my little Kia which was $7.50 (ouch)!

Originally Posted By: BGK
That is the lowest price I have ever heard of for Mobil 1 filters-outstanding buy! The Extended Guard Fram filters (probably of similar overall quality) are a little bit more than that and the K & N's are about 5 bucks higher.

There have been sales for $5 and less on occasion. Unfortunately, not at any stores that are local to me.

You are a little late. I cleaned my local store out several months back. WalMart is not going to carry these filters anymore (cost too much for their customer base) and they are closing them out. I now have 38 M1-103, 104 and 110 filters in stock....

Unlike a lot of people here, I have no problem with Mobil 1 5w-20 or their oil filters. I prefer them in fact and not one of the 7 cars I maintain has ever sent me a note or email telling me to change because they want PP....

Originally Posted By: GeorgiaHybrid
You are a little late. I cleaned my local store out several months back. WalMart is not going to carry these filters anymore (cost too much for their customer base) and they are closing them out.

That's what killed the Delco Ultraguards.

Wonderful filter (think a Mobil 1 with 100% synthetic media), but Joe Blow couldn't see spending over $10 for an oil filter.

Originally Posted By: typ901
Time for me to start searcing more than just auto parts stores then too. $5 bucks for a M1 filter is a great deal. Inever seem to find these good buys...
Farm & Fleet seems to have them on sale fairly often.

Of course, now that Purolator/Bosch started making Penzoil filters, they stopped carrying them, but I digress....
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Rolf
Originally Posted By: GeorgiaHybrid
You are a little late. I cleaned my local store out several months back. WalMart is not going to carry these filters anymore (cost too much for their customer base) and they are closing them out.

That's what killed the Delco Ultraguards.

Wonderful filter (think a Mobil 1 with 100% synthetic media), but Joe Blow couldn't see spending over $10 for an oil filter.

I assume everyone knows that the (Ultraguard Gold) UPF-44, UPF-48 and the UPF-52 filters are still produced and sold at my dealer for $7.99 each. I still buy and use all three sizes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: VQ35DE
I assume everyone knows that the (Ultraguard Gold) UPF-44, UPF-48 and the UPF-52 filters are still produced and sold at my dealer for $7.99 each. I still buy and use all three sizes.

Yes, there are still these handful in production, primarily for V-6 and V-8 applications.

The much broader line, such as the UPF-1233 for our Toyota 4 cylinder, was dropped a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back