Advance Auto Parts House Brand Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its almost time for my 5k conventional OCI. I have always been curious about the house brand at Advance Auto Parts. Its always at a great price. I think I am going to run them in my next change. 5w20 for 5000 miles with a fresh Motorcraft OEM cartridge filter. I do plan to get a UOA done as well on this oil, as I have not seen anything on here using that oil.
Who makes it? Is it a WPP oil?

If it's SM/GF4, use with confidence!
01.gif

Originally Posted By: bustednutz
Well, its almost time for my 5k conventional OCI. I have always been curious about the house brand at Advance Auto Parts. Its always at a great price. I think I am going to run them in my next change. 5w20 for 5000 miles with a fresh Motorcraft OEM cartridge filter. I do plan to get a UOA done as well on this oil, as I have not seen anything on here using that oil.
Who makes it? Is it a WPP oil?

Last time I looked (a month ago) it was made by Shell. I didn't check the date codes though.

I noticed that the ADV house brand oil is made by different companies depending on the grade of oil. At least this is what I see at my local stores.

I am currently using the Autozone house brand in my Saturn...and it is doing just fine. Of course, it has been mixed with ARX and various top-off flavors of the day (QS, Shell, etc). I say use it for 4-5k and sleep well at night.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Last I heard was AAP house brand oil was supplied by Coastal, at least in NJ.

Whimsey

Same here. Ive used it before when I was on a budget, for 4k OCIs. Ive also used it for a 500 mile OCI when I did the intake gaskets on my 3800 V6. Worked just fine both times I used it.

These house brands may be the way to go if the prices for "name brands" keep creeping up.

Sometimes this house brand oil is available for 99c/qt during grand opening sales at AAP, so keep an eye out for it, and stock up if you feel so inclined.

AAP brand oil = coastal (at least around here). Last I saw in my area it was $2.69/quart. You can get 5qts of Mobil Clean 5000 for $11 at Walmart ($2.20/quart) and it's name brand if that makes you feel better.

I wish my local AAP carried Trop-Artic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back