Why buy Amsoil online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
The only place I've seen Amsoil sold locally is a farm supply store called Atwoods. Even then, I think it was some variant that wouldn't see use in general cars... tractors or farm equipment maybe.

I have seen Amsoil locally at Atwoods, and Truck Repair stores. What they do is buy like everyone else, and stock, with a small mark-up. I have purchases on-line, via Pablo, nothing can be easier. Also VERY fast

Originally Posted By: ConfederateTyrant
The dealer would have to give you their ZO number, then you can sign up online or if they have a form to sign you up onsite.

Thanks. Just would like to pay cash.

Originally Posted By: c3po
If you buy it from a local guy who sells Amsoil you still get charged the shipping and tax. The only way out of not getting charged for shipping is if you drive to 1 of the warehouses that ships the products out.

Not hardly,I'd be purchasing the oil over the counter and there's no shipping included,at least not outta my own pocket
thumbsup2.gif

I just checked with the private dealer (husband and wife) local to me. They sell the ATF for $9.25/qt, tax included. Retail price listed on the Amsoil site is $10.60.

I'd like to support our sponsors, but not at an extra $39 (total) for 9 qts of ATF.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Not hardly,I'd be purchasing the oil over the counter and there's no shipping included,at least not outta my own pocket
thumbsup2.gif

You would certainly be paying shipping that would be built into your product cost. Remember, that dealer had to pay the shipping to get it to them.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
I just checked with the private dealer (husband and wife) local to me. They sell the ATF for $9.25/qt, tax included. Retail price listed on the Amsoil site is $10.60.

I'd like to support our sponsors, but not at an extra $39 (total) for 9 qts of ATF.

You could go even further and save yourself another $4-5 by arranging pick up at the local distribution center about 15 miles north of you. Same goes for the gentleman in Las Vegas.

I know I have arranged orders to be picked up many times as I am sure Gary and Pablo have as well.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro

Become a preferred customer and your cost per quart for the ATF would be $8.00, plus tax. As stated, go to the warehouse and there is no shipping charge.

I agree that you need to watch what you get from a local dealer (not store) - I am a preferred customer and the dealer was who I signed up under agreed to swap me a case of 5w30 for a case of 5w20 I no longer needed (got new vehicle)..

BUT the 5w30 was SM not SL rated.. So I dont know how long it had been sitting in his garage.. (i bought some new SL rated 5w30 and going to use the SM to fill the filters)

I am lucky that I travel to Richmond, VA several times a month and the distribution center is there, so no shipping for me for now on. :)

Brian

Originally Posted By: thatguy
I agree that you need to watch what you get from a local dealer (not store) - I am a preferred customer and the dealer was who I signed up under agreed to swap me a case of 5w30 for a case of 5w20 I no longer needed (got new vehicle)..

BUT the 5w30 was SM not SL rated.. So I dont know how long it had been sitting in his garage.. (i bought some new SL rated 5w30 and going to use the SM to fill the filters)

I am lucky that I travel to Richmond, VA several times a month and the distribution center is there, so no shipping for me for now on. :)

Brian

Umm...SM would be newer than SL so I do not see why it was a problem.

Originally Posted By: o2man98
Originally Posted By: thatguy

Brian

Umm...SM would be newer than SL so I do not see why it was a problem.

DUH sorry.. I got it backwards, He gave me SL, the vehicle called from SM

Brian

Originally Posted By: lewdwig
My local guy doesn't have much of a selection - 10W-40, ATF, anti-freeze - that's about it.

That is why it is a good reason to contact one of us. I can get you anything you want for the same price a dealer would pay shipped to your location in 2-3 days.

One tip for some thinking about using Amsoil is to see if you qualify as a small business.

I have a commercial account and get the product for the same price or even lower than dealer price as I understand it.

Pablo can set you up as a commercial user and then he still gets paid for your purchases but you get a heck of a discount and no annual cost.

I run a mowing business so I qualify, no idea what other business types qualify for a ZO number.

commercial account is the same as preferred customer, no?
I let my preferred customer reg lapse as I stocked up enough for the next year at least. but next year I'll sign up again.

The prices for small quantities are the same but when moving to bulk industrial buys of HD lubes, Commercial Accounts have the lowest prices of all.

Most businesses who actually use the lubes in the business qualify. Reselling doesn't qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back