Honda 919

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a left over 2007 919 a month ago. Changed out the factory fill at 500 miles with Rotella 15 40 and a wix 51358 filter. I'm going to change again at 1000. The manual says to go 8000 miles on oil (GN4 10 30) and filter. That seems like a lot to me. I will continue to use the wix filter. But what oil and interval? I'm thinking Rotella at 3k or Amsoil at 6k. Don't care about doing uoa , rather just spend the money to change out the oil.

I go with Rotella or Delo for around 4k miles. I myself don't like the idea of keeping any oil (synthetic or otherwise) in the sump too long on a motorcycle. I'm concerned about the shared sump (friction material from the clutch) and shear from straight cut transmission gears.

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
I go with Rotella or Delo for around 4k miles. I myself don't like the idea of keeping any oil (synthetic or otherwise) in the sump too long on a motorcycle. I'm concerned about the shared sump (friction material from the clutch) and shear from straight cut transmission gears.

+1

You'll love the way the Amsoil products shift! The AME 15W-40 is the least expensive per quart and will easily go 6K.

Cheers!

Dang I'm jealous!! I really want a 919 and can't justify buying one.

The Rotella T will work well for you in the Honda. Both the 15W40 and 5W40 work well.

I have a 2007 919 also. Love the bike. I ride shorter ( 50-150 miles ) rides up in the mountains. Lots of windies .... I changed my oil at 500 ( GN4 ) and then at 2000 to Honda Full synthetic (4 stroke oil ) I don't have a lot of time to ride. Here and there. I put maybe 1500-2000 a year on this bike so far. But I'm changing the oil & Filter out every spring . It's a fun bike. But darn my rear hurts after a hundred miles or so... Enjoy, WarDawg

Last edited:
I love the 919. It's a shame that Honda stopped building/importing. I ended up buying a left-over 07 Yamaha FZ1, I thought the fairing would be nice on road trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back