Should i change my oil after using gumout regane>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI all...my 95 neon had a headgasket leak..but temporarily fixed it with K&W nanotechnology..works real good.. well, a month back, my EGR cell went off, restriciton of egr system..havt had time to clean it out yet.. I took out my spark plugs 3 days ago, and they were fouled bad.. i put them in in may, and like 700 miles back NGK coppers.. so looknig down spark plug holes...i could se what appeared to be a nasty yucky dried yellow/brown substance , assuming it was ontop of piston heads...
I added a bottle of gumout regane to 5 gallons of gas..(half a tank on my car)... would it be recommended to change my oil after this? Im thinking of doing a complete combustion chamber cleaning..
oh, and i did replace the fouled plugs, with champion super plus..
Whats everyone think?

Forgot to mention..past 3 days, car didnt want to start..check engine light came on, i assumed it was the EGR thing..it woould start, but unless i kept my foot on gas pedal, it would jsut shut off, i eventually held pedal midway and it stayed running. got home check engine light goes off, but past few days, its been a little tricky starting..
combustion chamber issue?

an EGR valve connects the the intake to the exhaust side and allow exhaust gas to mix with the intake air before entering the combustion chambers... and since they dont use EGR at idle because opening that valve is the same as causing a major league vacuum leak, and causes all kinds of drivability problems like stalling or poor idle, why dontcha fix the EGr system and then see if that doesn't fix the problem?

ziggy, the Regane will not hurt anything and no need to change oil just for that. Sounds like you have more problems than a fuel additive will fix.

I would try running Redline SI-1 for 2-3 months. Then change the oil. I would also take apart the throttle body and clean that real good. See what happens. . . .

Originally Posted By: ziggy
Forgot to mention..past 3 days, car didnt want to start..check engine light came on, i assumed it was the EGR thing..it woould start, but unless i kept my foot on gas pedal, it would jsut shut off, i eventually held pedal midway and it stayed running. got home check engine light goes off, but past few days, its been a little tricky starting..
combustion chamber issue?

Sounds more like an Idle Air Control issue. It controls the air sent into the engine when you arent actively on the throttle. If it starts going bad, you get stalling especially when cold if you dont hold the throttle open at idle.

Thanks all! hmm this makes me think.. because abuot 3 or 4 years ago, i got a new Ai control sensor and a new EGR from autozone..wells i belive was the manufacturer.. but hwere is what i have noticed.. EVERY year without fail, since the autozone EGR, my cell oges off, and i dismantle the egr, egr tube, and spry n soak it clean..then problem goes away.. perhaps teh AIC sensor is faiing, like the autozone EGR valve?
I was curious about the changing oil with techron, becuase i bleve i was looknig at piston tops through spark plug hole, and saw this nasty yellow/brown puke looking substance..thinking it was i dunno oil, biproduct buildup, u get the idea..so using regane, would clean it off and end up in oil then, re circualting it throught the engine..thats what i want to avoid..
I know redline is really good stuff,..problem is last place that had it was autozone and that was like 4 years ago, then wa discontinued..

SO! going back to original post... should i change my oil after running regain through gas tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back