Mahle oil filter any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I remembered as well. However, after seeing the very low price, I wanted to confirm. I would assume construction is top notch, up there with Purolator PureOne, WIX and Mobil1 oil filters.

Has anyone cut these open?

$2.XX seems like a steal!

Not only is Mahle the OEM for BMW and VW, but it's usually also one of the two best (the other being Mann) where there isn't an Amsoil EaO available.

I have a picture posted here under "Tale of Three Filters" of a Mahle OC-54. Don't know the betas but well constructed, i think this one had base-end bypass also.

Originally Posted By: Pete C.
There are a lot of counterfit filters out there. I'd be a little skeptical of a $2.xx Mahle filter.

+1

I feel the Mahle's are slightly better than the Mann's. I am only familiar with the cartridge ones though.

If they are not comming from bavauto.com or autohausaz.com or pelicanparts.com I would not trust the supplier at such a price.

Originally Posted By: HondaMan
If they are not comming from bavauto.com or autohausaz.com or pelicanparts.com I would not trust the supplier at such a price.

bimmerparts.com is another reputable supplier. I just got some Mahle cartridge and non-cartridge filters from them, among other things.

Here are two Mahle filters and two STP filters. The Mahle filters are for a Porsche 944, therefore they have anti-drainback valves.
From left to right; OC-75, LS-154, S3600, S2827

I used Mahle filters many times on the VW and Mercedes diesels that I had in the past and they were very high quality IMHO...

Andrew S.

I used a Mahle on my Toyota 1UZ-FE, but I heard rod knock on startup one day, it was immediately scrapped for a OEM Toyota filter. I bought them off RockAuto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back