FAQ - GC ( German Castrol )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Skewy
I have a question. I just purchased my first quart of GC from my local autozone in California. It says M08 at the bottom so I guess thats suppose to mean its made in 2008. But its green? From what i read the new GC is suppose to be now a gold color? Maybe they have gone back to the green?

??

Did it smell like Gummy Bears?

Smell like Gümmi Baren...whoa does that bring back memories of times past on BITOG. According to what Jürgen and Wolfgang are telling me (you DO remember the kleine grüne Männer don't you) the new Green GC smells like a Bavarian meadow after a spring shower...ah-h-h-h I can smell it now.
20.gif

Any luck finding German Castrol?? I can't find it any any Autozones in the Atlanta or DC areas (been travelling home for the holidays)....any luck out there?

Originally Posted By: booztedgt
Any luck finding German Castrol?? I can't find it any any Autozones in the Atlanta or DC areas (been travelling home for the holidays)....any luck out there?

Welcome. Try Pep Boys for gold GC, but better bring your check book, Pepboys is expensive.

GC is in CT, been able to leverage a sale that advanced auto is having to get the same price 5qts with filter for $30. I took close to 30qts from 2 diff stores. Hopefully autozone will run their sale again. I've got 3 cars that need the vw 502 spec, so I already need to replenish.

Originally Posted By: Skewy
I have a question. I just purchased my first quart of GC from my local autozone in California. It says M08 at the bottom so I guess thats suppose to mean its made in 2008. But its green? From what i read the new GC is suppose to be now a gold color? Maybe they have gone back to the green?

??

I just stopped by an AutoZone after their website now lists European Formula 0-30. Listed as SAE 0W-30 European Formula Full Synthetic Motor Oil (P# 6068). It says "European formula" on the bottle but nowhere did it say "made in Germany." Also said "for NA sales only." I guess that must the American Made version of the GC that doesn't have much info so far?

where is there an AZ in Philadelphia? None that I know of in south phila... I only know of one in NE.

Last edited:
Theres one right off I95 and Academy Rd(I live 10 min from there)
Theres one on Street Road in Bensalem, theres a few around. If you go to Autozone's website you can find em.

I found some GC 0W30 @ Pep Boys in Rivergate (Nashville area) for $6.50/QT.

This is the first time I've ever found GC. Bought six quarts and installed in my mother-in-laws Saturn Vue.

I was out walking in the Schwarzwaldwesten today and I thought I saw a greenish glow at the far end of the forest. But unfortunately it faded into nothingness before I reached the spot. Die kleinen grünen Männer absolutely will not address the subject of the Elixer...their standard response is always, "Dieses ist nicht die Zeit für solches Gespräch." (This is not the time for such talk."
21.gif

Originally Posted By: rangerfan24
Anyone wanna sell me some quarts of the green stuff on ebay? Be interesting to try it. PM if you're all right with it.

What's all the talk about the 'green stuff'? Go back and read the first post. Extract:

Green GC
It'll say "Made in Germany" on the back.
Anything until and including M05010xxxx is Green.
This stuff came out in 2002.

If you can find some great, but they don't make it green anymore....

Originally Posted By: tilley

If you can find some great, but they don't make it green anymore....

That's why he asked about it here. The only place to find it is BITOG members' secret stashes - some people bought a lot of it when it was available and still have a bunch.

With all the hype of GC on this forum, I finally found some at my local auto performance store. However $9.95 a quart is what steered me away.

But I did buy one bottle so it will look good in my dino/grp 3 oil stash. Or use it in my BMW.

The date says "M08074" so I have the gold version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back