PEAK Global Life Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Wal*Mart yesterday and noticed on their shelves, PEAK Global Life Time in the blue jug for about $9.47/gal. It is full strength(not 50/50). I've seen something similar at AutoZone in a gold jug for about $20.00/gal. Can anyone tell me what is this anti-freeze and what is a similar comparison product? Im wondering if this is a better product than what Im using or have been using.

Thanks,
CB

Are you sure Peak Global Life Time in the blue jug, not PEAK Long Life ? According to Peak website, Peak Global Life Time is available in gold jug.

Peak Global Life Time is phosphate-free and silicate-free and is safe to be used in most vehicles. There are two coolants can be used in any vehicle, Peak Global Life Time is one of them and the other is Zerex G-05.

Peak Global Lifetime only comes in a gold jug, AFAIK. They have the long life stuff in the blue jug.

Unless they changed the packaging? Do you think you could post up a picture?

Well, I can't post a picture without traveling back to Wally World and Im not going anytime soon now that I've just returned. Although, you've got me wonderig now! It could be old stock, I don't know! I've never seen this particular jug at this Wal*mart and Im here alot. The front label said PEAK Global Life Time full strength and had a row of different national flags running underneath the wording. On the back label, the directions recomends doing a complete system flush in order to take full advantage of this antifreeze.

Funny you mention this, because I noticed the thing in a Wal Mart by me over the weekend. It confused me because I had never seen Global Lifetime in a blue container before.

The Peak website says this product contains no silicates or phosphate and does not use 2EHA. On the container I own, which is a shade of brown, it mentions sodium benzoate and a 'proprietary inhibitor'. I don't know if there's a comparable product sold in North America. I've been using it in a 2000 civic for about 5 years now, and everything seems OK.

May be Walmart has special deal with Peak and they have Global Lifetime in special container color that nobody else has it.

If it is recommended that a complete system flush then it is Global Lifetime. The Walmart price of $9.xx is an excellent buy.

"Funny you mention this, because I noticed the thing in a Wal Mart by me over the weekend. It confused me because I had never seen Global Lifetime in a blue container before".

Yeah! This weekend is the first time I have ever seen this product at Wal*Mart. I have seen the gold jugs at AutoZone.

I just bought some in the gold container at the local NAPA store.

I thought it was a good buy there at $12.99/gallon.

Haven't noticed it at Walmart.

Thought they just carried the dex-clone Peak coolant.

Like the 5 Qt oil jugs, Walmart might be getting different packaging on the Peak too.

I was at Walmart tonight.

The Peak Global Life Time was there on the shelf.

It was a 50/50 pre-mix in a blue jug for $8.49.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
I was at Walmart tonight.

The Peak Global Life Time was there on the shelf.

It was a 50/50 pre-mix in a blue jug for $8.49.

Gee! I'll have to look again when I go back to W*M. I don't recall it being the 50/50 solution. But, I may be wrong! I could swear that it was full strength. If Im correct and it is the full strength PGLT then I will snag 2/3 jugs along with some distilled water for about .79 cents/gal in the bottled water aisle.

I can confirm as well.

It is Global Lifetime and it is in a BLUE jug.

Finally it is the 50/50 version .... still not a bad buy as it makes life easy and the water used to dilute is cleaner than most can get ahold of, even if purchased.

Noticed the same Peak Global Life Time 50/50 coolant in a gold jug at TSC.

Still a pretty good buy at $8.99/gallon.

I'm not that impressed with Peak's lifetime warranty. If I have to do all the manufacturers recommend maintenance to keep the warranty valid, I'll have to the change the antifreeze in 2 years.

Originally Posted By: james49
I'm not that impressed with Peak's lifetime warranty. If I have to do all the manufacturers recommend maintenance to keep the warranty valid, I'll have to the change the antifreeze in 2 years.

James49,
Can you explain a little more?...Are you talking about the PEAK Global Life Time?...Every 2 years?

According to there website http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_global_lifetime.html for the lifetime warranty to be valid you have to do a complete flush of your cooling system and follow the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual. My manual says to change the coolant at 48 months or 60,000 miles (whichever comes 1st) and from then on to change it every 24 months or 30,000 mile (whichever comes 1st). Also if you do your own maintenance it might be hard to prove you did it all. I sent them an email, and I will call them Monday at 1-800-323-5440 to try to clarify the matter.

Last edited:
Oh, I see! So it's really no difference than using any other antifreeze. It's not as though you can do a complete cooling system flush and install Peak Global Lifetime and leave it at that. Oh well!

I wonder if it's a better antifreeze than their regular green and LongLife?...Hmmmmm!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Oh, I see! So it's really no difference than using any other antifreeze. It's not as though you can do a complete cooling system flush and install Peak Global Lifetime and leave it at that. Oh well!

I wonder if it's a better antifreeze than their regular green and LongLife?...Hmmmmm!

Someone from Peak called me about my email. I was told that you don't have to change your antifreeze according to your owner's manual, and If you do your own maintenance you just have to keep a record of it. So I guess it may be a pretty good antifreeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back