royal purple oil filter who makes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stingray66
iam old school I use Wix

Old school or not, Wix is a great filter. I use it aswell.

Yes everyone is right they are champ labs, I just came across them this past weekend, my first thought was the market for oil filters sure is getting crowded, one thing that looked different to me is the media looks to have a wire backing and I do not think the Mobil 1 filter has that, looked very high quality.

http://www.champlabs.com/royalpurple.aspx

royalpurple_product.jpg

Last edited:
Specs appear to be very high quality, maybe even a step or two above Mobil 1? Need to get my hands on this. Thx panthermike.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
100% synthetic? Are they expensive? Aren't Mobil 1 filters only a blend?

Oops, should have looked at the first post :p

I looked at them today at Pepboys. These things are the REAL deal.

Not cost wise at $14.99, but feature set.

Definitely Champ, right on the box. Pure synth media including the wire mesh backing. Box says 99% efficient, no microns (I'll email champ on betas.)

And GET THIS, base end bypass valve like MC. Shows it right on the box (except one I looked at had in the dome, the rest had base end).

Almost forgot, ADBV is Purple (I assume silicon)!

12K miles out-of-warranty.

This may be in the EaO or Stratapore class if the have the right betas.

Interesting...let's see a BOGO sale.

Last edited:
Much hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth will occur before I get my hands on these filters! LoL, j/k. Thx for the recon to pep-boys.

Originally Posted By: glenncof
I looked at them today at Pepboys. These things are the REAL deal.

Not cost wise at $14.99, but feature set.

Definitely Champ, right on the box. Pure synth media including the wire mesh backing. Box says 99% efficient, no microns (I'll email champ on betas.)

And GET THIS, base end bypass valve like MC. Shows it right on the box (except one I looked at had in the dome, the rest had base end).

Almost forgot, ADBV is Purple (I assume silicon)!

12K miles out-of-warranty.

This may be in the EaO or Stratapore class if the have the right betas.

Interesting...let's see a BOGO sale.

If somebody can get Fleetguard/Donaldson filters for their application, they are less money..... And actually have the beta ratings listed at 10-microns......

My Donaldson filters would literally be half the price of these for you guys in the US.......

I wish I had seen this before I left home today, I skipped Pep Boys! Oh well, gives me an excuse to go back.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
If somebody can get Fleetguard/Donaldson filters for their application, they are less money.

Below is a Fleetguard Stratpore teardown.

ADBV is not silicon...not good for x2 OCI if needed. It has the usual dome by-pass.

Best price I found online quickly was ~$12 add shipping and it's more than RP.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cewhite3nc/id17.html

Of course the non-synth media versions are less money.

I got my case (that's the catch here, I had to buy a case) of the Donaldson SYNTEQ filters for 12/filter CDN. That would be substantially less for you guys.

As far as the durability of the ADBV, we'll see how it holds up. I have 10 more of these puppies. That's a lot of testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back