Question for coffee lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one I buy........... Cafe du Monde.

It has no coffee smell, is thick and tastes so darn good...!

I like it with milk and a croissant or something sweet. The chicory flavor seems to overpower the coffee flavor if the brew gets too strong. I wonder how pure chicory coffee substitute tastes. Might as well light up a dried Belgian endive, I suppose.
wink.gif

I also have usually D'Aquino espresso in stock.

Indeed!

Oddly enough, I have to go to the store today that stocks Cafe du Monde, so I will pick up a can.

Have to get 3 jars of Baby Food to make a Carrot Cake from scratch & cream cheese frosting.... Um, moist.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I wonder how pure chicory coffee substitute tastes. Might as well light up a dried Belgian endive, I suppose.
wink.gif

Got some dandelion root and chickory "teabags"...very strong, very bitter...nice sometimes.

Yeah, dandelion, daisies, and endive are all in the same familiy. The root of those plants has traditionally be used as a coffee substitute during bad times. In the US, coffee with chicory is a New Orleans specialty, started by the French Acadians, who left the northeastern coastal territories, or rather who were booted out by the British, and who moved mostly to Louisiana. The Acadians became later known as Cajuns.

Got a book about all that...includes frog legs as an ingredient (and makes some very good tucker).

Only coffee with chickory down here is a sickly sweet syrup, that I can't seem to find a use for in any way...

One of the recipes advises (way too late) that the prawns are to be left unpeeled, and peeled after cooking...else it will be too hot.

Sort of got the gist before I read that bit.

AHHHH! Bottom feeders! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I need a glass of milk/pus immediatly! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PS: I do like the mallet as eating utensil. It's très chique!
cool.gif

Crabs are omnivores who eat pretty much anything that floats at the bottom of the ocean, including fecal matter!

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
I like Dunkin Donuts coffee the best. You can buy the ground coffee from them, then just throw in your coffee maker.

Theee Best!!!

DITTO, DITTO, & DITTO

They ship it directly to my house every month. I buy 5 lb. bags of beans and grind them. We drink on average 4-6 pots of coffee per day. We use a BUNN coffee maker.

Originally Posted By: aztec12
Whats your favorite brand or method of making coffee?

Brand: Costco brand Colombian
Method: French Press

First of all, Shannow, I LOVE Crawfish. Now I have to figure out where I'm gonna get some tonight.

Coffee..... Yeah Baby... Havin' one now. I like Starbuck's Pike Place Roast and Lite Note.
I like 7-11 coffee very much.
My ex wife was Colombian and her mom used to send us Agela Roja (Red Eagle) coffee straight from Colombia. I used to love it when that showed up in the mail.
My wife's Aunt was raised in Brazil and she makes some kind of coffee-espresso hybrid where she puts the grounds in some sort of a sock/ strainer and pours hot water through it. It's awesome. Only thing is, she puts a load of sugar in it and I don't care for sweet coffee. She serves it up in a little espresso cup. I usually have four.

speaking of Louisiana, Community coffee is excellent, I order from their website. Cafe Du monde is also great.
brewing method is important too. we have a kitchenaid coffee maker w/ a showerhead drip. no hotplate, either; it goes into a stainless steel carafe.
wawa coffee locally is wonderful, but lately I've been brewing more at home.
we buy ground for convenience, but I also gring my own beans when I can. you want a burr grinder for that, as opposed to the cheaper blade grinders.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
I like Dunkin Donuts coffee the best.
thumbsup2.gif
I used to get Dunkin coffee years ago when I worked on a city forestry crew. Now my favorite is 7-11. The 7-11 by my house has excellent coffee and in my refill cup only charges me 50 cents for about 12 oz. Another 7-11 across town charged me a buck for the same refill cup.

I don't consider myself a coffee lover as I couldn't care less about flavored or gourmet coffee. Just give me basic, fresh brewed, black coffee. Guess I am more of a coffee addict.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back