Best Grease for Suspesion Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Burbanite

I have to replace my Upper & Lower Ball Joints, Idler & Pitmann Arms plus my Inner & Outer Tie Rods. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a quality long lasting #2 EP GC-LB Synthetic grease. I've looked at RL CV2, Amsoil GHD, Chevron Delo and all I've basically done is confuse myself so I'm sure you grease guru's out there would know of a good product with excellent water washout resistance. These parts are on my 02 2500HD Chevy 4x4. Thanks
Chevron Delo EP NGLI 2. It's my favorite, and resists water washout. It's my marine grease as well.

[/quote] Chevron Delo EP NGLI 2. It's my favorite, and resists water washout. It's my marine grease as well. [/quote]

If you're refering to the Chevron Red Grease, I used that for years and it was a great grease but for some reason Chevron stopped selling it up here and then offered a Blue type with the same name which I didn't like as much, so I decided to make a switch to Synthetic grease and I'm quite happy with the GHD.

I've seemed to have problems with my red Amsoil grease lasting in the pitman and idler arms on my 16 2500. I switched to the blue (marine) grease thinking it was water wash out but I'm not sure. After on 500 miles I get a small popping feeling I can feel in the floor very slight. Regreasing seems to temporarily fix the problem. I just put in http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/gr...code=GPTR2CR-EA hoping it lasts longer. So What would cause my grease to not last long? Theres no play that I can tell. It's been since the first time I greased them myself at 5,000 miles I've experienced this on in the summer it was fine in the winter.

I used to have similar problems when I used Wolfs head. It seeded to disappear in the summer. Since switching brands, no more problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back