Which is better?: Supreme with Techron or V-Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Shell 93 with V-power just as much as the chevron.

However, I have been useing BP 93 with Invigorate for about the last 6 months. Very good gas. I get the best MPG and performance(but dyno) with the BP gas.

Is it possible to compare Chevron and V-Power if they vary (chemical formula) from different regions ?

As for me, I just use RaceTrac and a bottle of Redline FIC every 6 months.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

However, I have been useing BP 93 with Invigorate for about the last 6 months. Very good gas. I get the best MPG and performance(but dyno) with the BP gas.

Agreed.

BP with Invigorate, especially BP's Premium is the best of all.

Originally Posted By: buickmaster
man you guys get great gas choices. only top tier in cincy is shell 93 v-power.

no chevron and no bp's w/ invigorate either.

Really? Wow. Last time I was in Cincy 8-10 years ago, there were Chevrons and Amocos and BPs around a lot!

Amazing conisdering:
Chevron = Standard Oil Calif and KY
Amoco = Standard Oil Indiana, now BP
BP was Standard Oil Ohio

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Originally Posted By: rg200amp

Agreed.

BP with Invigorate, especially BP's Premium is the best of all.

BP took over Amoco, which was always very highly regarded for fuel quality, so I guess they are keeping with the Amoco tradition.

Drew

I have had a couple bad experiences with their gas as well as friends. I have seen first hand, Cadillac and Acura Service Advisors ad techs tell their customers not to use their gas. That was before the whole "Invigorate" marketing scheme. I use former Nascar supplier Phillips 66/Union 76 for all my vehicles including the premium for my Wait4MeTune Blazer. When im not near '66' Ill use either Shell or Casey's 100% gasoline. . I would never buy Clark again. My former 1977 Olds 98 wouldnt start after I got a tank of dirty 85 Octane. That was the only day that car never started in its life! I have heard that Speedway & Clark bid for the bottom of the tanker deals. I live near an Exon/Mobil plant and knew a couple of the data engineers. They swore by Chevron's Techron. They said "they used to have to tear down their test engines every 10,000 miles to clean carbon etc to keep data accurate and fair. Once they started using Techron with the gas, they don't waste the money rebuilding the engines. period!" I wish we had Chevron in the midwest though. Just my $.02

by the way, GM's top engine treatment is rebranded 'Seafoam', and their fuel system cleaner is rebranded 'Techron'. don't be fooled, I know a lot of people in the game,

rebranded Seafoam????? I think not- the tope engine cleaner is made from butylcellosolve-the best in the business, and it has a distinctive smell to it-not Seafoam
Steve

Originally Posted By: TedSexington
Which is the better premium gas Chevrons Supreme or Shells V-Power? and tell me why

Ted,

I'd use Chevron with Techron cuz it's in all the gas grades it sells compared to the Shell V-Power is only available in supreme grade.

Durango

For the first time in the Tacoma i decided not to go with Top Teir. I went with Race Trac this time...although i did have a half a tank of Shell 87 (our baby is due anytime now). It seems to idle alittle better even with LUCL.

I use chevron, Shell and BP (all 93 octane) in my 95 bmw 525i with a performance chip. It requires at least 91 octane. In 3 years using this chip, I found that chevron 93 an bp 93 seem tp perform well. Seat of the pants dyno says shell does not do quite as well. I am lucky i have all three her in Lexington, KY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back