2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just got a like-new 2008 PT Cruiser, was wondering if it's tough to do an oil change on it, and where the filter is located. I didn't see it after giving a brief glance under the hood. I don't know when it was changed last, but it was right between the hash marks and looks golden still, so I doubt it's been in there very long. I think Chrysler also recommends 5W-20 for this vehicle, don't they? Anyone else own a PT Cruiser that could offer any insight into this vehicle? I know nothing about it at all.

I change the oil in my Uncles PT. We use 5w-30 Pennzoil conventional and a Supertech filter.

Pretty easy car to change oil on. Both the plug and oil fiter are from below and not messy.

Other items on the car are harder to get to (spark plugs for one) but for oil changes, its easy.

Take care, bill

Piece of cake oil changes. The air filter/box is to the right when you open the hood. They have always recommended 5W-30 for the 2.4L engine. I've had a great UOA with PP 5W-30 and a PureOne filter.

I love this engine. I wish the car was lighter and thus faster, but hey, it's still a great engine. My wear rates with PP rival a Honda 2.4L. In Jan or Feb, I will post a UOA with GC 0W-30 in it.

Off topic... I find it funny that when PT Cruiser was devised, it was aimed at young people. When it actually came to the market, not many young people bought it. The majority of the buyers are the elderly.

Or the Magnum was supposed to target 30-ish males but the buyers were 40-ish females.

It's funny how the marketers and their focus groups screw up sometimes.

Thanks everyone! Amsoil actually says you can use 5W-20 in the vehicle, but I'm going to use 5W-30 anyways. I'd probably use Exxon SuperFlo, Formula Shell or Quaker State since my dad doesn't go past 3,000 miles for oil changes, even if I tell him it's perfectly fine to do so (old fashioned). With his last car, he wouldn't even let me do the oil changes so I'm not sure if he's going to be too stubborn to let me do them this time either... But I'll try to convince him to, since it's easy to do on this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back