Rislone engine treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BigJohn
I just purchased a Yellow Bottle of Rislone Engine Treatment at Checkers. (Honestly, if ARX could have been purchased there....I would have bought it as I have liked what I have read on the web about ARX.)

I am pouring it in to my 1989 Jeep Wrangler V6 (160k miles, we purchased at 152k miles) today. (While changing the oil pump, we ran across a lot of sludge. Of course, we have detail cleaned the oil pan, but know that this engine is probably in serious need of sludge removal, not to mention quieting down the noisy lifters and valves.) So, I will come back and report what we experience.

Another job we will have to do on this engine in the next month is to replace the valve cover gasket. I plan to run Rislone for a full month before we do this second job. So it will be interesting to see what the top end looks like in 30 days.

By the way, this is what I have decided to do..... I am going to run four quarts of 5w20 (Chevron Dino...because I already have it) and one quart of Rislone for about a week, drain...change the filter...and refill with another quart of Rislone, 4 quarts of PP 5w30 and a new filter.....for the rest of the month. At that point....I will decide to either change the oil again or not....based upon the "dirtiness" of the PP.

I would dump your oil today and go with new oil and Auto-Rx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back