Purolator Air Filters -- Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sort of surprised me when I walked through Advance Auto the other day and saw Purolator air filters with what appeared to be synthetic media. Their PureONE line is what I was looking at. Are these truly synthetic material? If so, does anyone have experiences with them?

probably really mann filters anymore. id say they are pretty good... id use purolator over the cheaper brands that dont always fit well.

i used to use purolator pure one filters all the time i stopped when the oil filters turned gold and some of the gold flaked off on two filters...
Also i purchased a purolator air filter for a 95 Cadillac Seville and the air filter did not fit tight there was a space that you could fit two quarters into on the side providing no filtered air at all in that area... On my Moms 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis the pure one air filter fit good..

All the purolator filters I have used worked great.

I hope they make a pure ONE air filter for my LS, since they do not make the Pure ONE oil filter for me
frown.gif

I used Purolator for years on many vehicles and recently had some "ill fits". Don't know if I was unlucky, or if there's more to their QC. I moved from them.

yay and nay, I'll explain. Yay for fit, quality, and extremely high filtering ability. Yay for great clean oil since no dirt gets by. Yay for that awesome ginormous soft rubber seal that makes the filter fit much better than any other filter on the market.

NAY for my major nose dive in gas mileage! All I did was change the filter and BAM, mileage went from bad to worse....as in from 20 to 16. I think its because that filter is more restrictive due to the very small micron allowances.

I changed to an AFE Pro Dry S and my mileage went back up to 20 to 21 range. Keep in mind that I drive and explorer. A small car that doesn't require much power to get itself rolling will not need nearly as much airflow and might not be affected by a close tolerance filter like this one.

They are good filters but there are better, Fram flat panel filters are better for fit and quality at a equal or less price, the Fram radial filters stink, Wix/Napa/CarQuest are better but for a little more cost.

Originally Posted By: gto78
yay and nay, I'll explain. Yay for fit, quality, and extremely high filtering ability. Yay for great clean oil since no dirt gets by. Yay for that awesome ginormous soft rubber seal that makes the filter fit much better than any other filter on the market.

NAY for my major nose dive in gas mileage! All I did was change the filter and BAM, mileage went from bad to worse....as in from 20 to 16. I think its because that filter is more restrictive due to the very small micron allowances.

I changed to an AFE Pro Dry S and my mileage went back up to 20 to 21 range. Keep in mind that I drive and explorer. A small car that doesn't require much power to get itself rolling will not need nearly as much airflow and might not be affected by a close tolerance filter like this one.

Me Too! No lie!

I bought a standard Puorlator Air filter for my 04 Altima 2.5 and the mileage went down. No Lie! I put back the original factory filter on the next tank full of fuel and the mileage went back up. I keep both filters now and play around with them. And No Lie! Every time I put in the Purolator, the mileage goes down. This has been going on for 3 years now. The factory filter is really only a bit dirty and the Puro is clean so I don't get it!

I also have a FRAM Air Hog that I got for $7.00 on close out and the mileage is fine with it but, that's a seperate topic.

I beleive that I get the best MPG with the factory air filter even over the Air Hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back