7.3 F250 Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK

A few onths later the Eff(ing) truck is fixed. Bil was some 3.5 grand and included a new IDM (Injector Drive Module) as well as more work on the wiring harness (in truth it needs a new one is the advice from the repairer). Obviusly that wpuld have to come from the USA and probably cost a few thousand 4 (why not everything else on the [censored] thing costs a minimum 1000).

So - eventually after I had to call the police to retrieve my truck, Ford decided to honour about 50% of their warranty obligations after trying every trick in the book to weasel their way out of paying anything!

The trucks run a few thousand kilometers since being repaired without problem. Far enough to get us back to the city and near a dealer if it does play up.

While it was repaired an oil change was done and the UOA's sowed the same ol same ol results, elevated nitrates and oxidation and sulphation etc.

On top of that - because it was only running on 4 cylinders for so long - raw diesel got into the sump oil (bout 18%), according to the sample from the bank of 4 cylinders not working presumably.

So - we are now waiting until I complete another 5000 kms for a UOA since the repairs - hopefully without any diesel contamination - to see where we are at oil cleanliness wise and oxidation, sulphation and nitration wise.

I haven't actually SOLD the [censored] eff(ing) truck yet - but I have had it advertised, hoping it will sell!

I admit to liking driving it when it goes....

I've been test driving possible replacements.

Who knows what to do - with the way the world economy is going - not sure if I'll be able to sell the truck i have let alone pay off a new one of another brand.

Lifes not as certain as it once was.

Oils back below 50 bucks a barrel - yet weare still paying ~$US $3.50 a gallon!

I'll sit and wait it outi think - see where things are going before deciding what to do.

Cheers

Life is never certain ,there are just moments of calm. Nice hearing from you!!!If you really want problems buy a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back